Post Your Ideas

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

duke'ku

Post Your Ideas

Post by duke'ku »

Let's post all ideas we think banimod should have right here. One thing: don't post new classes, we know they won't get it. Post anything else that you would like to see in banimod, things that have been bugging you in the game, just any ideas. I think we need some fresh ones.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

duke thats what these forums are for, and always have been for, you okay buddy?
I am Ph0g, you are not.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

I know that's what this forum is for, but no one seems to be saying anything. There haven't been many posts in here for quite a while, and I'm just wondering what people think should be added to banimod. It seems as if people have ideas, but just aren't posting them... and that is why this topic is here. I want people to come out and say what they want to see in banimod, no matter how small of an idea it is.
[TNT]Frylock

Post by [TNT]Frylock »

i posted something, but the topic immediately changed, i guess due to the collective attention spans of everyone in... i want to ride my bike
When life hands you lemons, throw them back.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

Here's an idea: spies run a little bit faster than normal classes. I hate trying to chase someone down with my knife, only to have them turn around, see me, and start shooting. I know I don't stand a chance with my measly pistol, so I keep trying with my knife. I run and run and run towards them until I'm dead, not getting any closer to them than I was when I started. If the spies could run just a little bit faster, then I might have a chance.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

nice idea... and would help, but that's what i use nades for. Let it hit the third click stop running and throw. Will catch most people
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

I still think the veteran server needs to happen, and it needs to be OLTL, kennies server is cool, but there are alot of people that don't go to it for their own reasons, plus my ping is better on BI servers :D.

Even if it's not OLTL, it should happen, maybe their just aren't enough vets on the forums to apply?

Also, people listed as vets should have priority over idle spectators when they are trying to connect, this has all been mentioned before but...
I am Ph0g, you are not.
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

Well, there's this Imagethread I made about limiting explosives from people. Go check it out. It'd be best for those servers where there are newbies who should barely get smgs.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

If (player_name == WeblionX) { set Can_Use_Explosives 0 }

That pretty much sums it up right there :D
I am Ph0g, you are not.
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

So, that means I can still use explosives.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
I-M nUbee

Post by I-M nUbee »

OK I know if your a medic and you point at someone who is down and type /special1 you can lock out their ability to tap out. bu seriously who actually does that and if they do how can they type that fast enough to stop someone from tapping out. MY Idea is why dont you just point towards a downed teammate and vsay im a medic. sure woul be a lot faster and easier then typing /special1.
TEAMMATE-8163

Post by TEAMMATE-8163 »

or you can be like everyone else and bind special 1 to a key.

wow
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

I-M nUbee wrote:OK I know if your a medic and you point at someone who is down and type /special1 you can lock out their ability to tap out. bu seriously who actually does that and if they do how can they type that fast enough to stop someone from tapping out. MY Idea is why dont you just point towards a downed teammate and vsay im a medic. sure woul be a lot faster and easier then typing /special1.
I have special1 bound to the mouse button under my pinky (7 button mouse including combinations), so when I'm a medic and need to lock someone out, I just point at them and hit my special1 key with my pinky.
Black Adder

Post by Black Adder »

I am afraid all three of you missed the update a while back that is even better. With needle out, when you point at someone and Alt-fire (default is right mouse button) it will special1 for you. :P
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

I prefer to keep my gun out until I get there, and, my mouse2 is set to reload. :P