Is Gi Fett the BEST banimod player in the world?

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Is Fett the Best?

He's so good im too afraid to fight him
14%
He's one of the best
27%
He's just your average player
23%
I think he sucks
7%
He's so pathecticaly easy, I dont even waste my time fighting him
30%

Total votes: 44

Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Cerberus =SS= wrote:Where are all these ladders at?
http://csports.computerandvideogames.co ... p?lnk=1536
Be seeing you!
Boco

Post by Boco »

I hate CSports.NET. It still thinks the last time I played Banimod was December 27th..... :? Is Budget Internet 2 Objective among the servers that CSports.NET watches?
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Boco wrote:I hate CSports.NET. It still thinks the last time I played Banimod was December 27th..... :? Is Budget Internet 2 Objective among the servers that CSports.NET watches?
It watches ALL banimod servers. P.S. If you changed your name - even a little (like adding a space between words or capitalizing 1 word) it starts you all over!
Be seeing you!
I-M nUbee

Post by I-M nUbee »

8? Eight People think this guy is so patheticly easy? Have any of these "hot heads" even seen him in action? If you think Gi Fett is so easy, then tell me who is damn good.
Majikthise

Post by Majikthise »

Sorry, but I refuse to vote.
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

I'm dancing like a monkey!
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

bring this guy to =swat=oltl and we will see what a great player he is. until then save the worship mettings for another time.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
I-M nUbee

Post by I-M nUbee »

OMG :shock: Someone actaully voted he's too good to even be fought! LOL WOW IS HE REALLY THAT GOOD? I never thought someone would vote for that.
Sexy|Beast

Post by Sexy|Beast »

Ph0g wrote:.... CSPORTS judges by points, and things like goldrush and assassin which I don't play too often toss you up in the top.
=SWAT=Ohayden wrote:Maybe you should re-read how csports.net works! Csports.net does NOT take in account the "amount" of points you gain as a factor of going to the top. If you EVER knew what a ladder was you would know how they work. A ladder works very simply, you can only go up by "beating" people above you. What determins a win over a person is the "amount" of points BUT if I score a trillion points in one day and never play with anyone above me, I will NOT move up! Therefore the "amount" of points you score doesn't determine if you go on top. Who you play and beat does! They purposely wrote it like this so a game mode wouldn't have an advantage over another such as goldrush / oltl. They both have equal opportunity. A ladder is NOT perfect and can be inaccurate but normally it's least accurate near the bottom as a player starts to play. Within time it balances out. It's not perfect BUT if your never near the top (not even once)...
duke'ku wrote:If he's an instagib goldrush player, hmm, he wouldn't have to be that good to get to the top... one hit and they're dead. hmm.
=SWAT=Kenny wrote:now ur catching on. also csports.net ranks buy points not kills.
Hey folks, not trying to start crap, but I can't seem to find the real truth to the csports.net rankings. I've searched the forums, but these all seem to be opinions. I don't give that much weight to the rankings but since they ARE there, I would like to know how the ladders work.

Does anyone know where csports.net hides this info? I can't find it on their site either. :roll:

Damnit! I want the truth! (Slams hand on desk) You can't handle the truth!

Fanks alot for any help. 8)
Things are more like they are now than they were before.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

CSports.net FAQ wrote: The CSports.net ladder system.
a. What games does CSports.net support?
The current list of games that are covered by CSports.net is as follows:
America's Army
Baldur's Gate 1
Baldur's Gate 2
Battlezone 2
Bird Hunter Wild Wings
Blood 2
Codename Eagle
Daikatana
Deer Hunter 3
Deer Hunter 4
Descent 3
Deus Ex
Drakan
Giants
Global Operations
Gunman Chronicles
Half Life
Hexen World
High Impact Paintball
Jedi Knight II
Kingpin
KISS Psycho Circus
Laser Arena
Legends of Might and Magic
Medal of Honour : Allied Assault
Nerf Arena Blast
No One Lives Forever
Quake II
Quake III Arena
Quake III Team Arena
Quake/Quakeworld
Rally Masters
Redline
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Rocky Mountain Trophy Hunter 3
Rogue Spear
Rune
Serious Sam
Serious Sam 2
Shogo MAD
Sin
Soldier Of Fortune
Soldier of Fortune 2
South Park
Star Trek Elite Force
Terminus
Tribes
Tribes 2
Turok 2
Unreal
Unreal Tournament
Urban Operations
Wheel Of Time
X-Com Enforcer

b. What servers does CSports.net check?
We check all servers that are registered with Gamespy. That's a lot.

c. How do I get on to the CSports.net database?
Everyone who plays on a server that is monitored by CSports.net is ranked. This requires no effort by the players themselves. They only need to play on a server that is monitored.

d. How long are records kept?
For a player's records to be accessible from the CSports.net web site, they must have played at some point in the last 31 days. After this their records are stored off-line waiting for the player's return at a later date.

e. What do you mean by 'Ladder'?
CSports.net uses a ladder-based system. The top players will move to the top of the ladder and the worst players will move to the bottom of the ladder. Your movement up or down the ladder is based on how you play and the rank of the people you play against. We feel that ladders give a better view of your ability over time and are less prone to 'Newbie Bashing' than systems based on ratings.

f. How can 'XXXX' be above me in the ladder, his records show he is not as good a player as I am?
There are a number of reasons why 'XXXX' is above you in the ladder. Initial positions in any of our ladders are based on a first come first served rule. If you are indeed a better player than 'XXXX' you will see that the gap between you and the other player will close every time you play, and you will eventually move past him.

Another reason why 'XXXX' is above you may be because you haven't played recently. Players who don't play are moved down the ladder after a while to prevent a player getting to the top of the ladder and then never playing again.

g. My rank is very low and doesn't even closely resemble what it should be. I think I should be in the top 100!
Our ranking system works in a novel and we think effective way. The rules are simple:

after each 3 minute period for each server we look at the number of points each player has and calculate the points that each player has scored in the three minute period. For any particular player if that player has scored more during the period than someone ranked above him he will go up one rank. At the same time we apply at the end of the day what we call rank gravity to all players that have not played for a while.

This method is a dynamic way of ranking players as the ladder is always moving towards an equilibrium which you could incorrectly call "the correct rank". There are a number of reasons why two players of equal ability could be millions of places apart. Amongst these are:

The lower player tends to play on servers populated by people ranked below him whilst the higher tends to play on servers with players ranked higher than him.
The lower player started as a new player on the ladder a while after the higher player during which a large number of new players were observed
The lower player has changed his name (even the capitalisation) recently
The lower player is playing on servers that we are not observing The lower player has had a bit of a bad run recently
The lower player has had a break for longer than 7 days somewhere along the line (rank gravity is pretty vicious :-)
The lower player has had a break of longer than 31 days.

h. Your rankings are inaccurate!
In practice no ranking system can be accurate especially one as large as ours. An "accurate" ranking system would involve subjective judgments based on observing every game within a ranking system. In our case this is not practical or desirable.

Even smaller ranking systems in other sports suffer from the subjective nature of how to rank a player. If this wasn't the case all tournaments would go with the initial seeding and this is by no means the case.

We strive to make sure our system is accurate in ranking players to our algorithm. The way our ranking works the relative movements of players are just as important if not more so as the absolute positions.

i. I've changed my player name, can I merge my stats for the old name with those of my new name?
The size of our database (about 500 million records) makes changing entries like player names extremely time consuming. As a result we are not able to offer this feature at this time.

j. How often are the stats updated?
Most of the stats are updated every 3 minutes. Player ranks and favourites are updated hourly. Your position for a day is updated at midnight UTC. To see the current state of update check out the status box on the bottom right hand corner of the homepage.

k. I know I've scored more points than are shown on the site, why is that?
Score information is collected from game servers every three minutes. As a result we may miss some of your scores at the end of a round or match. In addition, your server may not be visible to us when you are playing (due to internet delays). This results in some discrepancies between actual score and score displayed. This difference does NOT affect your ranking.

l. My rank has suddenly dropped, why?
This will be the effect of what we call 'rank gravity'. This is the process we use to remove inactive players from the ladder. At first the reduction in your rank is small, but as the length of time since we last saw you playing increases, the effect on gravity also increases. This will happen when you have not played for more than 10 days, or if you start only playing on servers that we do not monitor (ie servers not listed on GameSpy).

m. Why is there no Clan ladder?
The Clan features of CSports.net are in development. We are working on a system that ranks clans fairly and allows clans to choose their members. Keep an eye open for our new clan section in the near future.

n. Why don't you track deaths and who killed me/who I killed?
As much as we would love to add this information to CSports.net, games servers at this time simply do not return this sort of information. We hope to add more detailed stats for some games soon.
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

after each 3 minute period for each server we look at the number of points each player has and calculate the points that each player has scored in the three minute period. For any particular player if that player has scored more during the period than someone ranked above him he will go up one rank. At the same time we apply at the end of the day what we call rank gravity to all players that have not played for a while.
/me dances around....told u so.

point whores like myself are ranked higher. but then so are goldrush players and instagib people. so basically since banimod allows one to accumulate massive points anyone can be in the top as long as they point whore.

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
Majikthise

Post by Majikthise »

Which is, as I said, why these stats mean nothing.

[edit]How do ya like that gotenks? you posted exactly one second after I did, heh.
Last edited by Majikthise on Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i'm trying to figure out why i'm moving up... even when i make like 3 points and others on the server make like 50, and when i'm not even playing
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Maybe you are NOT playing against the bottom players. If you are NOT playing against the bottom players, you must be beating the top players, if you know what I mean! :silly:
Be seeing you!
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

like bani. if bani is on the server u play on u will go up. that is how ph0g moved up faster. he play on the =swat= servers where like 15-20 of us are ranked super high.