HOLY HELL BATMAN! Pb running old version??Then kicks me?!?

Discussion for Banimod players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

*pimps*
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

We can all do that, if we care to:
Be seeing you!
WolfHunter

kicked for older vers of PB

Post by WolfHunter »

:x Is downgrading PB the only way to get past this kick problem?

WolfHunter
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

WH: Yes
Gyro: But mine's a link.
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Your point?
Be seeing you!
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

I'm special! :P
Plus, I have ImageSearch under copy.
Sexy|Beast

Post by Sexy|Beast »

OK, I would like to revive this topic because this happened to me the the other day on BI 2again and I believe I have an answer. I am not sure if it is the proper way to deal with this , but it works. Whe PB says the SERVER is running old version, you can downgrade YOUR PB by typing the following into the console:

Code: Select all

\PB_SECURITY 0
This allows PB to downgrade itsself to the old version. They said only do it on servers you know and trust. e.g. the BI servers.

I was seeing a lot of this on BI 2 in the last week so I assume PB upgraded and perhaps Bani did not, for reasons of his own. But this worked for me. :) Hope it helps you too.
Things are more like they are now than they were before.
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

That turns off PB basically.
Sexy|Beast

Post by Sexy|Beast »

So, Weblion, you're saying that individual players can opt to turn off PB and still play on a PB server? That sounds sweet....but check out PB's FAQ page, because it sounds a little different when they say it:

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=faq-rtcw.php

From PB:
If you trust the server admin, you can enter "/pb_security 0" into your console to allow your PB to be downgraded.
Thanks for your sage advice Web. :P
Ohayden

Post by Ohayden »

Where does he say that? I think your a little confused. What he was saying is that some *servers* don't run PB. =SWAT= servers are some of the ones that don't run PB. And in that case, it's the Admin not the players would can decide if they want to run PB.
Ohayden
Sexy|Beast

Post by Sexy|Beast »

Ohayden, with all due respect, I am the one who's confused. Where did you get all that from the five words of Web's reply? He said that \pb_security 0 turns off PB. PB's site says that it downgrades PB to the SERVER's version. I AM aware that some servers don't run PB, and I am not talking about those. I am talking about servers that DO run it. I am totally ignorant of PB's methods and would just like to know the proper way to deal with the "Server Running Older Version" messages. That is what this thread is about is'nt it? We're heading to page three of this thread and still no concrete answer. If I am wrong about the solution, then what is it? Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks again for your HELP.
TEAMMATE-8163

Post by TEAMMATE-8163 »

pb sucks. i hate the auto updates. if im in the middle of a game while someone is shooting at me, and pb feels the need to update itself at that moment, im dead.

as a matter of fact this happens allot because i normally play on the swat servers, which dont run pb..so i just keep pb turned off. when i want to play on other servers i turn it back on without any probs.

my pb automatically updates. yea i get a warning message saying that im running an old version, but within the minute it auto updates and im set.

just try turning it off for a bit. play on some servers that dont have pb, then enable pb and try to play on a server with pb enabled.

if this doesnt work id go for the failsafe...just simply pass a magnet over your hard drive a couple of times and your problem will simply fade away. punk buster will no longer give you any problems. i can guarantee it.
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

Teammate, you forgot to mention that the size of the magnet has to be at least 6 inches in diameter.
Ohayden

Post by Ohayden »

Sexy|Beast wrote:Ohayden, with all due respect, I am the one who's confused.
No disrespect taken and that's exactly what I was saying ;)
Sexy|Beast wrote:Where did you get all that from the five words of Web's reply?
Read page one again... phog said: Time to boycott PB and WebLionX said: =SWAT= was already doing that.

For me that meant, there are servers without PB. Meaning, you don't need the update or PB on for those servers. For the ones that do have PB, then try turning off the auto-update until you absolutely need it.
Ohayden
TEAMMATE-8163

Post by TEAMMATE-8163 »

ok weblion... pass a 5" magnet over your hard drive. go ahead. :shock: