mines

Discussion for Banimod players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

stats are great, but dude mines are stupid, they give your teammates a means to lower your score, stupid idiots on your team run over them, there totally un-fair and just like bani said they can make certain maps IMPOSSIBLE! Have you ever tried a doc/radio objective map on shrub???? Its ****ing impossible, they place a mine on the radio and your screwed! When your rushing to radio with docs you will never have the time to charge a nade and toss it at mine, not to mention if its around a corner your odds of winning are 200 to 1. Mines screw things up bad and banimod could die instantly becuz of 1 stupid feature....(did i mention mines make it a ***** to get the docs in the first place? )
I am Ph0g, you are not.
wimpy

Mines

Post by wimpy »

Shrub mines are, well, different. They are good and bad. But for teamkilling? You can turn that off. Yep. Have them ff on or off.
I personally don't care whether Bani has mines or not. Just not rapidly red glowing ones. One server I frequent put them on with ff on. The forums lit up. They turned ff off. The forums still lit up. People didn't like the change. A lot of lone wolf going solo all the time lost their ability to sneak up on the objective. They couldn't(wouldn't) adjust. Hopefully if we do get mines they will be different enough from shrubs. I could play with or without mines.
Btw, I have no useful suggestions for mines.
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

1 mine per team at a time?
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

even that would piss people off because others will disagree on the location of the mine, and a well placed mine can make a mission virtualy impossible.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Frei

Post by Frei »

you freaks

mines are totally cool

of course you can always be the victim of stupid players

you just need to place them carefully and warn your teammates

as for the all-mightyness of the mines, you are limited to 10 by team. when you plant them; you are exposed. if you have an entire team of engis, your all gonna die. personnally, I leap spots where I usually put my mines.

plus when the area is already full of mines, you go kamikaze and if they planted them to tight they will all explode in 1 shot.

seems fair to me

and don't forget: when you have a stupid annoying player on your team, just tell the others what he is doing and call for a vote to kick the asshole
-[x]-Frei

Feuer Frei!
Frei

Post by Frei »

PLUS you can't plant mine everywhere, only on grass, dirt, snow
-[x]-Frei

Feuer Frei!
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

yes bani's mines are made after et mines, they work well especially since they can be spotted and destroyed by a spy... well spotted by a spy destroyed by anyone, also an engineer can disarm them. They can not be placed on rock, wood (desks), cement, metal. So that means all you have to do is get inside the beach complex and your safe.
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

dahm do oyu know old this topic is ... :?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

lmao, i saw ph0g's post at 10/16 and then this other one at 10/17, didn't pay attention to year, sorry never mind me
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Frei

Post by Frei »

and so did I

it's because of the last post's date

anyway
mines rocks
-[x]-Frei

Feuer Frei!
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

anyway webilion idea of 1 mine a palyer was a good idea this way the nr of mines will fit the nr of player better for smalll or big servers
GOAT CHEESE

Post by GOAT CHEESE »

Phog said the real problem with mines, which drives me nuts, is that a teammate can walk on your mine like a moron THEN be able to complain against you, effecting your score and complaint limit. Very quickly a ahole can get you booted.
The answer is making that not a tk when you walk on a teamates mines, I think limiting the number of mines would make mines useless (most of the time you need two mines close together to kill).

-[x]-Goat Cheese
Frei

Post by Frei »

I don't know if it can be done, but disabling the comlplaining after stepping on a team mate mine would be better thhan simply disabling ff damage with mines. after all, they deserve to die on that mine. but hey, I won't complain if people can't lower my score this way anymore
-[x]-Frei

Feuer Frei!
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

Another point negative about mines is :

If the Eng plant mines and after disarm every disarm take 5 points ?:)(#$@

LOL
Frei

Post by Frei »

I think you are off the track dude. I don't believe that disabling mine give you 5 points. The dyn does
-[x]-Frei

Feuer Frei!