Need Help Please

Discussion for Banimod players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Long-bow

Need Help Please

Post by Long-bow »

My Friend is having problems with his pc playing anything that is punkbuster.
He freeze`s up after about 5 seconds and has to re boot his pc.
Now he thinks it could be direct x 9 with his ti 4400 card or could it be drivers.
His pc worked fine till he put my ti 4200 card in his machine to see if it was just my machine and now it freezes every time."I feel bad about this"
I was having this problem with my pc with the ti 4200 but I got a new card ti 4800 and the problems are gone.
This has me as well as alot of other ppl out there with the ti cards very frustrated, and if you have an answer I would be very happy to here it.
Thanx
Long-bow
-Prospector-

Re: Need Help Please

Post by -Prospector- »

Long-bow wrote:My Friend is having problems with his pc playing anything that is punkbuster.
He freeze`s up after about 5 seconds and has to re boot his pc.
Now he thinks it could be direct x 9 with his ti 4400 card or could it be drivers.
His pc worked fine till he put my ti 4200 card in his machine to see if it was just my machine and now it freezes every time."I feel bad about this"
I was having this problem with my pc with the ti 4200 but I got a new card ti 4800 and the problems are gone.
This has me as well as alot of other ppl out there with the ti cards very frustrated, and if you have an answer I would be very happy to here it.
Thanx
Long-bow
Your Ti4800 must have the updated drivers in order to prevent the freezing issue. If so, you can go to http://www.nvidia.com and download the ForceWare drivers that fully supports the Ti series. Or to do it in an alternative way, insert your video card CD that came along with your Nvidia product box. It should work by the way. I wanna get one of those Ti series.
System Specs: Prospector's Place, 512MB of RAM PC3200 512MB Corsair, Albatron GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB AGP 8x, Intel Pentium 4 2.4B Ghz 2.66B Ghz 533Mhz FSB, ATA133 40GB Maxtor 7200 RPM, Jetway 865GDMP 800FSB
basterd

Post by basterd »

I have the same problem with my TI 4600. I've tried all drivers that have been released in the history of videocards :wink: and the problem is still there! :evil:
/ / / M5 Power
Long-bow

Post by Long-bow »

[quote="basterd"]I have the same problem with my TI 4600. I've tried all drivers that have been released in the history of videocards :wink: and the problem is still there! :evil:[/quote]
The only way that I know you can make it work is to "format" your pc "pain in the ass" and reinstall and then it works, don`t ask me why but I know it works.
I still think it has to do with :direct x 9 and you can`t remove it without formatting your pc, the ti card has to be x8 first then upgraded to 9 after the card is in.
Thats all I know that works but hoping for an easy way to do this, so if you have the answer please feel free.
Long-bow
basterd

Post by basterd »

uber_noob wrote:That's your Problem. Don't use the Forceware drivers (5x.xx), use the 45.23 Detonator instead. And totally uninstall the Forceware prior installing the 45.23.
This guy made me able to play wolfenstein again. Hope this works for you as well longbow!

Thanks Uber_noob :D
/ / / M5 Power
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

there is a great program for removing drivers (ATI NVidia Creative...etc) that can be downloaded at Driver Heaven. It is called Driver Cleaner and it worked verry well for me. The best luck I have heard people have is with the 45.33 detonator drivers so try those and if they don't work than try an older set of drivers.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i have also heard of people using 3rd party drivers to get arround the bugs
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?