bani and the Mac problem

Discussion for Banimod players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

TheMacOS.com

bani and the Mac problem

Post by TheMacOS.com »

Im using a mac and panther, and on a bani server I frequent, Im getting strange behavior... and errors

for one, it keeps telling me "you have 5 secs to move or be penalized for camping"....

Problem is, im always moving when I get that error... and it penalizes me anyway, even though Im moving and didnt camp. :roll:

why is this? As a player, how can I fix this? is there a download somewhere I can install?

thats the main error/issue thats bugs me the most...

8)
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

it's because of the camp penalty settings... the server admin can set the camp penalty for any time and has a minimum number of quake units you have to move before it's not considered camping anymore. same with objective camping
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
TheMacOS.com

Post by TheMacOS.com »

personally, if I ran a server, I would not even use camp settings. I don't care if someone camps...

when I play rtcw, I look at it like its a real war... anything goes, including camping, panzers, flamers, etc. All the stuff that lots of people complain about, but I think it makes the game more challenging. :)

a good player learns to deal with and overcome all that stuff...

It just bugs me when Im not camping, and it says I am, and penalizes me for something I didnt do. :( :roll:
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

lol i havent' run into a server actually using anti camp settings in a very long time
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
blaze

Post by blaze »

I agree, they should look at it like real war, anticamp is pointless, almost everyone knows that most players on a team will eventually camp the documents
-OwNaGe-
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

You did not state how you were penalized. If you did not lose health or notice a difference, then I would not worry about it.

I use this on my server, but not for anti-camping. You can camp all you want as long as you are playing. A lot of players ask "Where is the sniper?". My penalty is tracers. This makes the sniper easier to spot after 45 seconds. I would make this number higher but I use this cvar for another reason.

I also use this to find people not playing. It depends on what I am doing, but if you get penalized, I might check you out. If you are not afk then I will leave you alone. You can snipe and sit on top of the docs as long as you want, but if you are afk then I put you in spectator mode. I had a lot of complaints about balanced teams. Players would not balance them out and they would not kick the non players so the server could autobalance them. I also had the autobalance set too high. Now my server balances teams in about 6 seconds.

Awesome stuff.
TheMacOS.com

Post by TheMacOS.com »

time penalty.... it would make me wait longer to spawn again after getting killed. penalized me for camping I didnt do. totally sucks. :(