Setting maxfps

Discussion for Banimod players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Demy

Setting maxfps

Post by Demy »

Hello Bani and others,

I often play on the OC servers of RTCW. Well i recently had a problem with something and i uninstalled RTCW and reinstalled it. Now i have all my binds and settings etc... but when i draw my fps it reads 90. I used to have it set to 250 for my max fps. Ive tried /seta cg_maxfps 250 in the console, and seta cg_maxfps on my target line in the shortcut to wolfenstein mulityplayer. I REALLY need to know how to set it back to 250 fps! Its very important when playin instagib.

Thanks
-Prospector-

Post by -Prospector- »

My guess is that you should put seta cg_setfps "250" in your server script, known as a .cfg file. If you typed some certain commands in your console, they will obviously go back to their original settings, including the cg_setfps command. Always put them in your .cfg file so Wolfenstein can know that it can be accepted.

Edit: Or you can just put it in your wolfconfig file. I'm not really sure, I haven't try it.
Last edited by -Prospector- on Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
System Specs: Prospector's Place, 512MB of RAM PC3200 512MB Corsair, Albatron GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB AGP 8x, Intel Pentium 4 2.4B Ghz 2.66B Ghz 533Mhz FSB, ATA133 40GB Maxtor 7200 RPM, Jetway 865GDMP 800FSB
duke'ku

Re: Setting maxfps

Post by duke'ku »

Demy wrote:Hello Bani and others,

I often play on the OC servers of RTCW. Well i recently had a problem with something and i uninstalled RTCW and reinstalled it. Now i have all my binds and settings etc... but when i draw my fps it reads 90. I used to have it set to 250 for my max fps. Ive tried /seta cg_maxfps 250 in the console, and seta cg_maxfps on my target line in the shortcut to wolfenstein mulityplayer. I REALLY need to know how to set it back to 250 fps! Its very important when playin instagib.

Thanks
it's not that important, you can't really tell a difference above 43 (what i've noticed). you should cap at 43, 76, or 125 anyways. if you must, edit wolfconfig_mp.cfg in the banimod folder and change the com_maxfps line.
Demy

Post by Demy »

i've now done or tried inside and outside changes. My com_maxfps in the wolfconfig_mp.cfg is set to 250. I dont understand :( . Its weird, im now also finding that cg_timenudge doesn't work anymore. Teach me to uninstall my game lol.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

it's cl_timenudge, and there's no point in using it with antilag, you wannabe lag haxor

change it in main/wolfconfig_mp.cfg and bani/wolfconfig_mp.cfg