Logging question... HELP PLS

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

SYMO

Logging question... HELP PLS

Post by SYMO »

Hello everybody... I had posted this question in the ET forum, thought it might be better located here.

-----

Hey y'all. I need some help. Hopefully this will be rather straight forward for someone.

I have compared two sets of logs, and there are some differences between them. We have a server at ECGN that is running ETPro 3.0.1 for comp reasons. When I look in past logs on this server I see events getting logged like Dynamite diffuses, and Engy Repair events.

On my personal server... which is currently running 3.0.15, I am not getting these events being logged. I have even gone back and reinstalled 3.0.1 and still do not get these events being logged.

Does anybody have any idea what I'm missing here? I thought that maybe somewhere along the line that these events were not getting logged in etpro... but going back to 3.0.1 didn't fix it either.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

Thnx,
SYMO
Naked Pope

Post by Naked Pope »

Maybe b_showClientCmds does this.
When set to 1, commands the client sends to the server are logged. This is primarily intended for applications which parse the log files to generate game statistics.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

that's what i told him, but not what he's looking for
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
SYMO

Post by SYMO »

Yeah.. :( Thnx guys... What I'm looking for specifically is:

Dynamite_Diffuse: [clientnum]
Repair: [clientnum]

These entries are in my log file from our ECGN server, running 3.0.1. I have done everything on my personal server to try to get these same logging lines... I've even uninstalled 3.0.15 and put 3.0.1 back on. No luck.

The b_showClientCmds gives things in the logs like this:

saneClientCommand: [clientnum] vote yes
saneClientCommand: [clientnum] vote no
saneClientCommand: [clientnum] userinfo .....

Anybody have any other ideas? Please! :)
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

hmmm, in vanilla ET at least, only some objectives get a plant/diffuse in log. Eg the old city wall does, but the water pump doesn't. Perhaps this is the source of your confusion ?

The only logging related cvars in the manual seem to be for timestamps.

The only other thing I can think of is to make sure you actually have the correct qagame on the server.
send lawyers, guns and money