mlb_temple hidden room 'easter egg'

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

-neX-

mlb_temple hidden room 'easter egg'

Post by -neX- »

apologies in advance in the case this is a known issue, but i have looked around, and had not found any reference to this problem at all.
---
just found out about this on the weekend, changed my mapcycles today.

seems that the latest [final] version of the mlb_temple has an undocumented 'easter egg' of sorts. this egg, comes in the form of a secret room accessable from the allies rear spawn. from there, you can access a room with buttons allowing a player to change spawn times.

this egg is a pain to reproduce, but it is certainly possible. ive been able to do it myself twice.

thanks and credits to :ACI: Lonewolfe [and ALL admins on our forms/server that got involved :)] for tracking the malacious player, and for his dm_83 file, that you can get here.

http://allied.aci.on.ca/files/mlb_temple_egg.zip
MindgamE

Post by MindgamE »

OMG I'm malicious now. hehe, just update to the final release of MLB, the secret room is posted everywhere already. Next time just ask instead of kicking people. I would have gladly told the admins.
www.killswitchclan.com
KillSwitch ET servers:
ETPub 67.15.52.224:27960, ETPro 67.18.64.54
-neX-

Post by -neX- »

MindgamE wrote:OMG I'm malicious now.
cant think of a better word for it.
hehe, just update to the final release of MLB,
that WAS the final release of mlb_temple.
the secret room is posted everywhere already.
ill concede that i possibly didnt spend enough time on google. but if this was well documented, then ONE of our game admins would have found some reference to it SOMEWHERE on the web.

i checked here, splashdamage, and countless sites on google [including yours].
Next time just ask instead of kicking people. I would have gladly told the admins.
then why didnt you? it would have been far more helpful. and what kind of response did you think you would get? something along the lines of; 'oh, youre exploiting the map... well thats ok.' no. not the way things work really.
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

-neX- wrote: i checked here, splashdamage, and countless sites on google [including yours].
Get some glasses then: http://www.splashdamage.com/index.php?n ... ic&t=11424
PincheGab

Post by PincheGab »

LOL! "Malicious" for finding a well-hidden easter egg in an outdated map that the map authors were just waiting for soemoene to find!
MindgamE

Post by MindgamE »

-neX- wrote: then ONE of our game admins would have found some reference to it SOMEWHERE
I did announce it was a secret room and a secret part of the map... How much more obvious could I have made it?
www.killswitchclan.com
KillSwitch ET servers:
ETPub 67.15.52.224:27960, ETPro 67.18.64.54
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

I fail to see how using an easter egg (NOT an exploit - they're different) could ever be construed as 'malicious'.

The only malicious thing is the mapper making an easter egg that effects the gameplay of the map in a big way. For example, the hidden room in Chateau Voilegarde would be fine, because the lights/music/etc don't effect other players or the gameplay.

Get some tissues. If you want to find an easter egg and you know what it is, it's easy. Just put it on an sv_cheats 1 server, and noclip around until you find it. If you want to block it, that's probably easy too. Just decompile the bsp, fly to the location, and get the coords for a hint_fakebrush or two, and shove them in via an etpro mapscript. At least, that's how I've been patching map exploits :).

( being a league admin, I don't go near maps like the MLB's.. ;) )
craven

Post by craven »

[quote="uber_noob"][quote="-neX-"]
i checked here, [b]splashdamage[/b], and countless sites on google [including yours].
[/quote]

Get some glasses then: http://www.splashdamage.com/index.php?n ... ic&t=11424[/quote]
:P