sv_cvar INCLUDE not properly working

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

h4ks

sv_cvar INCLUDE not properly working

Post by h4ks »

hi, i noticed a strange thing on our server with etpro 3.0.1. we use the clanbase&rtcw.no config (/callvote config clanwar) which contains this cvar to prevent ppl from disabling fog:

command "sv_cvar r_nv_fogdist_mode INCLUDE NV GL_EYE_RADIAL_NV"

well i dont know whats up with that, but even if i always had r_nv_fogdist_mode set in my cfg as 'gl_eye_radial_nv', etpro kept giving me a violation (in the console) when i joined/callvoted the cfg/etc. and kept writing a new cvar_backup.cfg everytime.

since i found about 20 cvar_backup.cfg with that crappy violation after 30mins of play i decided to change back to the 'old' pb_sv_cvar instead of the sv_cvar in our server cfg.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Well, it's working just fine here on the servers I've joined up with.

Umm, maybe post what graphics card, driver version and OS you're using? Could be something weird? I dunno - but that's definately strange behaviour...
blaz

Post by blaz »

case sensitive?
Naked Pope

Post by Naked Pope »

I have almost the same problem with cl_timenudge in a "self made" config. There are no errors in the server log and no cvar violations when I join the server running this config. But after 5 seconds on the server I have more than 100 cvar_backupxxx.cfg files in my etpro dir. This is the line in my config

Code: Select all

command "sv_cvar cl_timenudge in 0 -20"
and this the content of those cvar_backup's:

set cl_timenudge 0
Any idea what could be wrong here?
blaz

Post by blaz »

it should be:

sv_cvar cl_timenude in -20 0
i just tested what you had.. 271 cvar_backup.cfgs in under 30seconds.. impressive :roll:
Naked Pope

Post by Naked Pope »

Thanks for your help blaz, it's ok now :lol: