3.1.8 Bug?

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

SoL

3.1.8 Bug?

Post by SoL »

Whenever i try to host a game (to test maps or whatever, but in this case to see the new etpro) the game crashes just after the map is loaded. I tried it on several maps. I didn't have this problem with previous versions of etpro or etmain/shrub. Is anyone else experiencing that problem?
SaTTaN

Post by SaTTaN »

have the same thing when I wanna join bio clanserver (which has been updated too... this morning, before the update, I played on it without any prob tho... :/
fretn

Re: 3.1.8 Bug?

Post by fretn »

SoL wrote:Whenever i try to host a game (to test maps or whatever, but in this case to see the new etpro) the game crashes just after the map is loaded. I tried it on several maps. I didn't have this problem with previous versions of etpro or etmain/shrub. Is anyone else experiencing that problem?
non dedicated server ?

servercrash or clientcrash, win32 or linux ?
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

maybe win64 :D
SoL

Post by SoL »

Non dedicated, win32, i don't know if it's server or client crash, i assume client but i was hosting the server...just to check the new etpro.
SoL

Post by SoL »

update, it happens on any 3.1.8 etpro server now, after the map loads my client crashes after about 1-2 seconds
SaTTaN

Post by SaTTaN »

SoL wrote:update, it happens on any 3.1.8 etpro server now, after the map loads my client crashes after about 1-2 seconds
you have the same as me and kotkis...

no known solutions atm (I think)

pm me if you find someting
*BiO*Tron

Post by *BiO*Tron »

I can join in, however it doesn't crash for me but it only freezes for about 10-15 seconds (with looping sound). Both on start of warmup and beginning of the actual stopwatch round. After it's over, everything runs fine. I had no such problems with 3.1.6.
Zaedyn

Post by Zaedyn »

I'm running a 3.1.8 server. I played from Win32 (XP) and Linux (RH9) with no problems. However, a friend of mine has these same issues that you are describing here. From the server console it looks like a PB COMFAIL and PB INIT FAILURE. On his side, it just freezes and windows says it's not responding.
--Zaedyn (aka josh)
SoL

Post by SoL »

If it's any help some norton thingy sometimes pops up saying "a windows sub system is trying to access the internet", but ET has already crashed at that stage...also it doesn't always pop up :( Quite annoying since i wanna play the new etpro!
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

its a new part of the IAC to annoy irish players ;X
________
volcano vaporizer
Last edited by Fusen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MeeZ?

Post by MeeZ? »

Fusen wrote:its a new part of the IAC to annoy irish players ;X
Irish Annoying Code?
BAN PRONEDELAY \o/