Spawn Bug

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

EagleReloaded

Spawn Bug

Post by EagleReloaded »

I did a brief search and didn't see anything on this topic, forgive me if it's been covered.

Last night I was on Gold Rush on an Australian ETPro server (3.1.0). The Allies had a few disconnects so I swapped teams to even the numbers. As soon as I joined the Allied team, I spawned, even though reinforcements weren't scheduled to deploy for 14 seconds. I ventured out, died a while later, and respawned instantly once again, this time with 8 seconds left on the reinforcement clock. It took a minute or so for me to realise I wasn't spectating people and was actually getting consistently respawned whenever I died, regardless of spawn times. By the time I tried to get a demo the map was over.

Of late, I've actually had similar things happen quite a bit. This is the first time it's happened repeatedly, but there've been quite a few times I've joined a team and spawned instantly and then followed the normal reinforcement timelines. It's happened on Gold Rush, Oasis and Radar that I can recall. If it happens again I'll make sure to get a demo and post it, but I thought I'd raise it in the meantime.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

I'm pretty sure I had this a few times in RTCW, also seemed related to team switching. Never found a way to reproduce it tho :/
send lawyers, guns and money
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

i experienced a similar thing recently. sadly i forgot the map and the exact circumstances and/or etpro version (it was etpro 3.1.x or greater though), but my first instinct was to come post it here. then i thought maybe i was losing my mind and decided to save myself looking stupid :P

guess i should have mentioned it afterall.

so ya, it happened to me. basically, i was able to /kill and instantly respawn, just like during warmup, except it was during a round and the respawn timer held no sway over me.

very strange.

it stopped on it's own after i sat there /killing over and over for a few minutes with a puzzled look on my face trying to figure out if it was really happening.

should be looked into in case it's an exploitable/reproduceable bug
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

hax

cant say ive seen it at all, no demos?
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i've done it (in rtcw) when joining a team... generally (for example) on beach i'll spawn on beach even if the forward bunker is taken then look at the spawn timer and have 4 secs till spawn... so i /kill, also when switching teams (for example again) i'll go to axis and spawn in the forward bunker when allies have the flag
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Speaking of spawning and bugs, does anyone else suffer when they connect to a server and are prompted to join a fireteam and there's a vote in progress? I say yes or no to the fireteam and then can't register a vote for the vote that's been called until I /kill. Voting no does nothing whatsoever, whilst voting yes puts you into any available fireteam, and subsequent yes votes result in the warning message "You are already a member of a fireteam." being spammed. If there's a cvar to not get asked for fireteams I'd gladly use that but I was under the impression it was server side only. Either way it's kind of an annoying vote, the most important votes (shuffles) take place in warmup and to be unable to vote is to the detriment of not only yourself but the server at times.
Deus

Post by Deus »

EagleReloaded wrote:Speaking of spawning and bugs, does anyone else suffer when they connect to a server and are prompted to join a fireteam and there's a vote in progress? I say yes or no to the fireteam and then can't register a vote for the vote that's been called until I /kill. Voting no does nothing whatsoever, whilst voting yes puts you into any available fireteam, and subsequent yes votes result in the warning message "You are already a member of a fireteam." being spammed. If there's a cvar to not get asked for fireteams I'd gladly use that but I was under the impression it was server side only. Either way it's kind of an annoying vote, the most important votes (shuffles) take place in warmup and to be unable to vote is to the detriment of not only yourself but the server at times.
same 4 me
but i thought this autofireteam thing was clientside
tdg_sparky

Post by tdg_sparky »

automatically asking to allow fireteams is done through a server.cfg cvar.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Bug happened again last night, swapped from Axis to Allies on Gold Rush and spawned on 14, only happened that first change though, not repeatedly.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Happened again this evening changing teams from Axis to Allies on Oasis.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Happened to another dude changing from Axis to Allies on Gold Rush last night.
Sif=RoK=

Post by Sif=RoK= »

i've had this happen to me as well, but i've never been recording a demo :(

however this is awhile ago, prolly last time it happened to me woulda been etpro 2.x
v3rtigo

Post by v3rtigo »

Known "old" bug, you can spawn before the actualy spawntime if you go spec and right away go back to your team or enemy team.

seen it happens, did it.

if you see someone go spec and right away return to his team, if he want to reset his stats, or to spawn before the actualy spawn time.
pyke

Post by pyke »

I got demo :) => http://members.lycos.nl/pyke1985/ET/spawnbug.dm_83

check out first 2,3 spawns

happened when I changed teamz
fretn

Post by fretn »

in RtCW on the map te_ufo it happens a lot when you play as allies and the flag is recapped
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/