ET 2.60

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

Mark wrote: If the leecher sets his own ET server to the same settings, he doesn't need to hack the client. He just has to configure it like the original server. Or do i get something wrong here?
Yes you do. From the patch readme:
Client now sends a referrer of ET://server.IP.address:port on downloads.
So you simply disallow downloads of .pk3 files when the server ip and port in the referrer doesn't match the one of your server.

Just a little bit basic web admin knowledge ;).
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Mark wrote: If the leecher sets his own ET server to the same settings, he doesn't need to hack the client. He just has to configure it like the original server. Or do i get something wrong here?

Greets
Mark
He would have to make the server IP the same as yours. Since it is the client that composes this (AFAIK), his IP would have to actually be the same, or the client would have to be hacked.
send lawyers, guns and money
Mark

Post by Mark »

Ah,

good. Didn't know that. That is pretty cool. "Thought" you could configure the referer on the server, so the server tells the client, which referer to use for the download. Should have read the readme more closely.

greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Rhoc

Post by Rhoc »

I tested 2.60-patch and etpro 3.1.12 today, and I noticed, that my sound settings were messed up. The quality was terrible. I changed the quality from 11khz to 44khz, and it still was like crap. Is it just me, or does someone has the same problem?
#ET-finland
#minus.et
@ Qnet
blaz

Post by blaz »

i was playing on a euro server this morning and had the same issue.
HarryHirsch

Post by HarryHirsch »

try a \snd_restart in console

maybe just a "workaround" but it is fixing it to me

Harry
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

the refererr works for if theres a site linking to your site, but if an individual finds your server with maps on it from google etc it'll be quite easy to spoof the refererr and download whatever you want
________
Jaguar 420 and Daimler Sovereign (1966?69) specifications
Last edited by Fusen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Fusen wrote:the refererr works for if theres a site linking to your site, but if an individual finds your server with maps on it from google etc it'll be quite easy to spoof the refererr and download whatever you want
Yes, but he can't use it for "his" ET-server. Because, he can't fake the referer of all the connection ET clients.

greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!