Scripting fixes for GR, SW_GR_TE, SOS, Stalingrad...

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

KingJackaL

Scripting fixes for GR, SW_GR_TE, SOS, Stalingrad...

Post by KingJackaL »

In a similar vein to this thread, I've written map scripts to fix a few map exploits on various maps.

Note that these scripts DO NOT ALTER GAMEPLAY, and are based off the etpromapscripts that come default with etpro. My intension here is purely bugfixing ( ps: <3 Rain/bani for putting func_fakebrush's back in! ;) ) All changes are commented in the scripts for clarity. If you're running gameplay tweaks on your servers, you'd need to re-apply those tweaks to these scripts.

Linky:
http://homepages.inspire.net.nz/~evans/ ... pts_v1.zip
(42kB)

The zip has scripts for 7 maps - including mortis' SD/SD2 scripts. The readme has more detail on the exact bugs fixed - maps fixed ( or mostly fixed ):
Goldrush
Radar
SOS Secret Weapon
Stalingrad
Supply Depot
Supply Depot 2
SW_Goldrush_TE

Feedback would be nice, it wouldn't surprise me if there are bugs here ( or even more bugs to fix that I missed... ).
nihilist

Post by nihilist »

wootsauce \o/
DG

Post by DG »

also fixing SD2 crane pausebug would be useful (quite a few other maps with vaguely similar things but all I know about are utterly trivial).

might aswell add the raiders mapscript in the thread below this one?

edit: isnt the oasis issue there fixed in ET2.60?
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

DG wrote:also fixing SD2 crane pausebug would be useful (quite a few other maps with vaguely similar things but all I know about are utterly trivial).

might aswell add the raiders mapscript in the thread below this one?

edit: isnt the oasis issue there fixed in ET2.60?
I doubt a pausebug can be fixed with a mapscript.

The only mention of Oasis in the 2.60 readme is this:
Fixed crosshair names randomly not working (tunnels in oasis, crypt in resurrection).
Plus, while 2.60 added pak2.pk3, which has new mapscripts for everything - I don't think 2.60 added func_fakebrushes (which would be needed for fixing the map leaks/patch seems). The 2.60 mapscript for Oasis still uses a single accum for both guns though - so the double-plant bug there will still occur.