centerview

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ouroboro

centerview

Post by ouroboro »

how do you all feel about centerview? would anyone consider it "dangerous" enough that i should let the leagues know about the script i found which simulates it quite nicely?

i'm just curious because i know lots of ppl hate the idea of players being able to snap their vertical axis to the middle in order to get more headshots (when on equal elevation to opponent), but with this script it's quite possible. it's essentially the same as "+centerview" but uses no cvars that are regulated by CAL/TWL/CB as far as i know.

as for me i don't give a toss if ppl use it, but i did find it interesting and thought others might also, since m_pitch is regulated for essentially the same reasons that people hate centerview.
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Heh, what - look down/up more than 180 degrees-worth, then do the converse for exactly 90 degrees-worth?

It's pretty lame, but there's not really anything you can do about it. I mean, you could go so far as to hack your mouse drivers to do a 'move down tons then up X' action :|.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Well, given that centerview was taken out of ET comletely (and gimped in RTCW/OSP) it seem pretty reasonable that something which has the same effect would also be banned.
send lawyers, guns and money
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

KingJackaL wrote:Heh, what - look down/up more than 180 degrees-worth, then do the converse for exactly 90 degrees-worth?

It's pretty lame, but there's not really anything you can do about it. I mean, you could go so far as to hack your mouse drivers to do a 'move down tons then up X' action :|.
it can be stopped by adding another cvar check, but of course you're right about the mouse drivers. however we can't do anything about that, but we CAN control cvar useage, and hacking mouse drivers is less common than game scripting, which is relatively easy.
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
Demanufacturer

Post by Demanufacturer »

would be nice if it could be brought back for demos, for use in moviemaking. not worth the coders effort though >_<
Founder of Modus Operandi, DINFW, DINFW Productions
www.modus-operandi.com.au
www.dinfw.com