Aimbot

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

DG wrote:I'd be surprised if anyone felt that there were more cheaters than 1 in every 100, at least in mainstream europe servers anyway.
not to be a nit-picker, but it troubles me how a lot of europeans like to imply that the problems all lie in america. i'll tell you what would surprise me: if anyone with a brain dared to deny that germany pumps out a disproportionate number of cheats, not to mention viruses, trojans, spyware, crackz, warez, and just generally slimy netizens. perhaps i have had unusual circumstances when dealing with germans (and i'm certainly not prejudiced against them), but it seems like wherever i turn i find another german cheat site, another german website laced with scripts that make my antivirus program do backflips, read a story about some german teenager hacking some million dollar project.. hell i even remember that the first example i saw of a popup script that bypassed the then-new google toolbar was for sale on e-bay by a german (funnily enough, however, it was a german teenager who is a good friend of mine and a flat-out genius who broke the encryption of the script when i showed it to him) :twisted:

so no, europe is certainly not void of cheaters. perhaps the UK is? i dunno, but i do know that UK != EU. then again neither does GER, so i digress...
cheating was quite a problem in C&C games last I looked, mostly hacks for removing the fog of war (revealing the entire map, and hence exactly what you're doing).
:cry:
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

ouroboro wrote:
DG wrote:I'd be surprised if anyone felt that there were more cheaters than 1 in every 100, at least in mainstream europe servers anyway.
not to be a nit-picker, but it troubles me how a lot of europeans like to imply that the problems all lie in america. i
I would assume DG was just limiting his statement to UK/EU, since those are the servers he is familiar with ?
send lawyers, guns and money
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

>>steven! wrote:it does worry me stuff like this but tbh, i just live with it, cos

2) most cheats r nubs and wont survive in the clan community.
that is the reason i have dislike them so, they have completely ruined osp community in rtcw, if you get raged in your head, there is about a 8% chance that the guys isn't cheating at this point, it has completely ruined the game for me, and clan matches were ruined a while ago, nothing like solid headshots from the tower in assault to the axis forward spawn in assault :?

the sad part, go to any rtcw/osp match forum, and look at all the accusations, the worst i saw was: "dude i saw you looking at me through the wall, i know you have a a wallhack"

so even though i compliment on how well IAC has kept up with the latest and greatest, those are of course the majority of publicly available cheats, if some clan somewhere codes their own wallhacks/aimbots, the community would never know nor catch-on unless someone opened their mouth, that's just how it is
Till DEATH do us Part
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

Perfectly stated.
deej

Post by deej »

Problem is today that doing /cheaters 4 will return "that client is clean" so it's hard to help Bani out.

By the way, the cheat you refer to is in fact from a German coder who's selling his "private hook" i.e. the one that doesn't advertise itself ;-). We had 'em on our servers yesterday too. They give up themselves easily since /cheaters output shows a really weird GUID.
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

hahahaha u can be awesome at c n c with the fog of war, its not about if u know where ur enemy is at the start its about how u build ur defences 8)
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
RoadKillPuppy

Post by RoadKillPuppy »

>>steven! wrote:hahahaha u can be awesome at c n c with the fog of war, its not about if u know where ur enemy is at the start its about how u build ur defences 8)
Nope, it's about how fast you attack, but hey, that's another game ;)
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

the fool rushes in first.....

then u get bummed by the good defences, the opponent can just send a small force on the counterattack to pump ur weakly defended base full of lead 8)

ps. 8% chance of not cheating?

>>BS<<

i know loads of ppl who play rtcw, most of them making up whats left of the competitive uk scene, and i dont know any of em who cheat ;)
Last edited by >>steven! on Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

>>steven! wrote:i know loads of ppl who play et, most of them making up whats left of the competitive uk scene, and i dont know any of em who cheat ;)
He was talking about RtCW/OSP, not ET/ETPro.
Mark

Post by Mark »

deej wrote:Problem is today that doing /cheaters 4 will return "that client is clean" so it's hard to help Bani out.

By the way, the cheat you refer to is in fact from a German coder who's selling his "private hook" i.e. the one that doesn't advertise itself ;-). We had 'em on our servers yesterday too. They give up themselves easily since /cheaters output shows a really weird GUID.
Hi,

isn't /cheaters showing the hardware / etpro guid? Thought those can't be faked. You just destroyed my last hope in getting rid of cheaters for ever... Or did i get you wrong?

Btw. How did the guid look like? Any schema? How did you notice?

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
DG

Post by DG »

ouroboro wrote:
not to be a nit-picker, but it troubles me how a lot of europeans like to imply that the problems all lie in america.
not to be a nit-picker, but it troubles me how you read what i wrote and then completely reinvented it in your head anyway. what part of the above implies anything about america or even suggests any possible reference to it whatsoever? Maybe your troubles come largely from your own mis-interpretations of "a lot of europeans", tho I daresay that'd be reading too much into it :?

I dont know about servers other than the mainstream ones in europe, hence i qualified my statement by limiting it to those.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

Sauron|EFG wrote: He was talking about RtCW/OSP, not ET/ETPro.
i meant rtcw sorry , ill edit. ty
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

ps. any1 who wants to find DG, checkout noobhill ;). cant say ive ever seen u on any server dg but nm :)

i agree tho with everything he says on this point 8)
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
FuB@R

Post by FuB@R »

Mark wrote:
deej wrote:Problem is today that doing /cheaters 4 will return "that client is clean" so it's hard to help Bani out.

Hi,

isn't /cheaters showing the hardware / etpro guid? Thought those can't be faked. You just destroyed my last hope in getting rid of cheaters for ever... Or did i get you wrong?

Btw. How did the guid look like? Any schema? How did you notice?

Greets
Mark
Mark have a look at the screenshot u will see that theres something very un-random about his guid digits.

He revisited the server several times under different names (each time with a new PB guid (mga is 3 btw) and ip after being banned ) but always the same etpro guid , 1 occasion he did show "strange" so there is some info that has been forwarded to bani.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi,

yes, the etpro hardware guid was really strange. And you said, it was always the same? I really should think about adding etpro guid bans to my mod asap.

Or at least a etpro guid blacklist or something.

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!