Demo related issue. Need help bad.

Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Quanah_Parker

Demo related issue. Need help bad.

Post by Quanah_Parker »

Here's the problem:

I am trying to watch demos from about 3 months ago long after I have updated to 2.6 and 3.2. Obviously, at least obvious to me, I cannot use the updated versions to watch TWL demos that had 2.56 and 3.1.9. Here is what I did so I could watch the demos:

I copied and pasted my ET folder to another location. I patched it with 1.02 and removed 3.2 so I could watch the demos. Here is what it's doing:

It will begin to load the demo I want to watch. The moment it's fully loaded, it locks up, freezing the screen, and tells me to send an error report to "Microsoft" because ET.exe failed.

What must I do? Any information may be helpful to others as well.

Thanks.

QP
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Demo playback is backward compatible. You should be able to watch any prior version demo with 2.60 and etpro 3.2.0. You do not even have to change the extension of the file.

The problems you are encountering are most likely caused by having too much download stuff in your et and etpro directories. You have to ensure you only have 1 version of etpro, with the correct .dll files that match that version. You also may have to clean some .pk3 files out of your etmain. This has been described many times before, if it isn't clear what you have to do, I suggest searching.

edit:
BTW, this doesn't belong in ettv, unless you are talking about ettv server side demos (not demos recorded by ettv clients, those are ordianary demos), in which case, ignore everything else I said.
send lawyers, guns and money