Moderators: Forum moderators, developers, ET Pro Documentation

bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

in answer to the MAX_LOCKED_CVARS bug
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

Ok, just curious :)

Another question then, as far as I've seen from the setting templates in this thread and have come to understand the files will be signed in some way to prevent local modification to make sure everyone uses the same settings.

Maybe this goes against what is intended, but is there some way to execute a number of custom commands at the same time as the config is loaded ? What I mean is that I for eample usually have my server running as an open public server when there are no matches going on, which means it has no password and the servername may contain the word "billskirnir public", or "billskirnir 10 map campaign" or something, neither which is true when running a match.

Until now I've changed the name to "billskirnir clanbase match" and the passwords along with the rest of the settings using a separate cfg file for matches, to prevent from having non-clan-members trying to join in during a game.

Is there any way of doing this now, I could always have an extra cfg file to execute from rcon, but on some occasions I have let other clans borrow the server for their matches and it's not always they'll have the rcon pass, but rather for example semiadmin or referee ?
blaz

Post by blaz »

what you could do is..

disable callvote of competition settings in your server.cfg.. (to ensure no pubbers unknowingly load your comp settings and essentially lock out the server--setting g_password will change g_needpass to 1 and will kick everyone who doesn't have the correct password set)

create a default_comp.cfg

Code: Select all

config clanbase
set g_password "pass"
set sv_hostname "Match in Progress"
(replace "config clanbase" with "ref clanbase" for 2.0.7)

then you can have a ref could load comp settings.

semiadmin is basically a limited rcon.. i haven't tested to see if "exec" is usable with semiadmin, but it is a valid rcon command.. adding "exec" to your semiadmincmd list would allow a semiadmin to /sa exec match.cfg (or default_comp.cfg) in theory.

although i have not personally tested these, i think they will work :roll:
Last edited by blaz on Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

Hm, I'm not sure I understand how that would help, if I don't read it wrong that would mean having a password on the server all the time, which is not what I meant, that would be easily accomplished by just setting it in the default server cfg file along with the option to allow config votes.

What I meant was the ability to have the server run public, with no password but when you do callvote to load for example clanbase it would also load whatever password you wanted set for private, ref and rcon, and possibly a few other "nice to have" things as well (such logging to specific path/file etc), of course provided they did not go against the CB rule settings.

EDIT: Re-read the post and now I see what you mean, but I'm not sure the idea of granting rcon or exec via semiadmin is exactly what I had in mind ;)
blaz

Post by blaz »

when you callvote competition settings.. 'default competition settings' are loaded and then default_comp.cfg is executed (if it exists)..

i explained the reason to disable callvote.. therefore it would have to be done by a ref..

the 'default competition settings' would be overwritten (assuming config clanbase covers ALL of the cvars set (which it should)) when it is executed through default_comp.cfg.

config clanbase
set sv_hostname
set g_password
set refereepassword
set rconpassword

there is also a default_pub.cfg which is executed when you callvote public settings. 'default public settings' are loaded, and in that file, you would basically undo all of the password, hostname changes.

as far as when /callvote config <league> setting passwords and such.. i don't see how that would be possible unless they include it before it's "certified."

the whole "signature" thing as i understand it is to ensure that someone doesn't modify the competition settings. modifying that file in any way should "uncertify" that league config.
cibor

Post by cibor »

I can't make this drawfoliage 0 to work using command "forcecvar R-drawfoliage 0" so i make my maps cfg like this.

map default 
&#123; 
set g_userTimeLimit 0 
set g_useralliedrespawntime 0 
set g_useraxisrespawntime 0 
&#125; 
map fueldump 
&#123; 
command "sv_cvar r_drawfoliage EQ 1"
set g_usertimelimit 25
set b_moverscale 1.5
&#125; 
map radar 
&#123; 
command "sv_cvar r_drawfoliage EQ 0"
set g_usertimelimit 25
set b_moverscale 1
&#125; 
map battery 
&#123; 
set g_usertimelimit 25
set b_moverscale 1
&#125; 
map goldrush 
&#123; 
set g_usertimelimit 25
set b_moverscale 1
&#125; 
map oasis 
&#123; 
set g_usertimelimit 25
set b_moverscale 1
&#125; 
map railgun 
&#123; 
set g_usertimelimit 25
set b_moverscale 1
&#125; 
map tc_base 
&#123; 
set g_usertimelimit 25
set b_moverscale 1
&#125; 
Is there any other way to make it works, because ETPro put in my etpro directory something like that: cvar_backup_.cfg (i have about 50 files like this)
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

cibor wrote:I can't make this drawfoliage 0 to work using command "forcecvar R-drawfoliage 0" so i make my maps cfg like this.
Maybe because it's 'r_drawfoliage', not 'r-drawfoliage'? ( underscore not dash ) :?
cibor

Post by cibor »

Maybe because it's 'r_drawfoliage', not 'r-drawfoliage'? ( underscore not dash )
no, i was spell mistake :oops: in code i have everything ok, and this is the only way for me to make it works to change command "forcecvar r_drawfoliage 0" for command "sv_cvar r_drawfoliage EQ 0"

map default 
&#123; 
set g_userTimeLimit 0 
set g_useralliedrespawntime 0 
set g_useraxisrespawntime 0 
&#125; 
map fueldump 
&#123; 
set g_usertimelimit 25 
set b_moverscale 1.5 
&#125; 
map radar 
&#123; 
command "sv_cvar r_drawfoliage EQ 0" 
set g_usertimelimit 25 
set b_moverscale 1 
&#125; 
map battery 
&#123; 
set g_usertimelimit 25 
set b_moverscale 1 
&#125; 
map goldrush 
&#123; 
set g_usertimelimit 25 
set b_moverscale 1 
&#125; 
map oasis 
&#123; 
set g_usertimelimit 25 
set b_moverscale 1 
&#125; 
map railgun 
&#123; 
set g_usertimelimit 25 
set b_moverscale 1 
&#125; 
map tc_base 
&#123; 
set g_usertimelimit 25 
set b_moverscale 1 
&#125; 
Palbin

Post by Palbin »

*******edited look for new post*******
Last edited by Palbin on Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:19 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Palbin-OGL
www.metamule.com
OGL Admin ET Campaign & SW Ladder / [url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/ogl]#OGL[/url] / www.worldogl.com
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

new server cvar b_panzerlevelup (default 1) defines the heavy weapons level at which the panzerfaust gets the reduced charge awarded. clanbase etc i think would want to set this to 3...
Palbin

Post by Palbin »

my post was up for 2mins a nd you made it wrong already :evil:
Palbin-OGL
www.metamule.com
OGL Admin ET Campaign & SW Ladder / [url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/ogl]#OGL[/url] / www.worldogl.com
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

b_stickycharge = 2: chargebar is sticky for all deaths including enemies
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

bani wrote:new server cvar b_panzerlevelup (default 1) defines the heavy weapons level at which the panzerfaust gets the reduced charge awarded. clanbase etc i think would want to set this to 3...
Question on behaviour. If you set it to ( as in example ), 3 - does this move the default 'lvl2' and 'lvl3' upgrades into slots 1 and 2? Or does it just move that 'lvl1' ability onto level 3 as well?

So:

b_panzerlevelup 1 ( default )

lvl 1 - fires on half-charge
lvl 2 - less MG spread
lvl 3 - runs faster with heavy weapon
lvl 4 - can use SMG as well

So 'b_panzerlevelup 3', does it do 1:

lvl 1 - less MG spread
lvl 2 - runs faster with heavy weapon
lvl 3 - fires on half-charge

...or 2:

lvl 1 -
lvl 2 - less MG spread
lvl 3 - runs faster with heavy weapon; fires on half-charge
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

bani wrote:new server cvar b_panzerlevelup (default 1) defines the heavy weapons level at which the panzerfaust gets the reduced charge awarded. clanbase etc i think would want to set this to 3...
it doesnt change anything else.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

bani wrote:
it doesnt change anything else.
doh :|

IMHO, a much more usefull mod would be to modify the b_levelsCLASS masks, so that you could switch the levels. Example:

b_levels_soldier "80, 30, 50, 140"

...so you get the lvl 2 upgrade first, then lvl 3, then lvl 1, and finally lvl 4. However, you'd need to make it so that each time you got a level it gave you one 'star' ( on the hud, so it makes sense - rather than suddenly getting 2 starts, then a 3rd, then losing 2, etc ).

This way, you could customise ALL the levels for all the classes properly. ( for example, give f-op lvl4 before lvl2/3, give covert lvl4 @ 0XP, etc etc )