How to Ban, or Unban

Discussion for Admins of Banimod servers.<br>
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

grf74

How to Ban, or Unban

Post by grf74 »

OK, one of our members got himself autobanned from team killing, lol, the idiot. We just got our server up and running 1.1.99, the other day, so we are learning bout it now. But , I dont' know how to ban, or unban ppl.
Also, what is a condump? I saw where you said how you could get a list of all g_ codes, and it said to do a condump of the info, so I wanted to know what a condump was.lol.

Anyway thanX guys, you've been a big help already, and very quickly too!
-Prospector-

Post by -Prospector- »

If you're having trouble banning or unbanning clients, here are the following commands to help you for your server. Remember, you'd need the Rcon password once it's in dedicated mode:

/rconpassword "password" (Required for taking advantage of the Rcon commands)
/rcon addip x.x.x.x (The x's represents the IP numbers used for banning)
/rcon status (Determines all of the player's ID number and IP Address)
/rcon remip x.x.x.x (Same as addip but it's used for unbanning)
/rcon kick WolfPlayer

All of these Rcon commands that I taught you will be very useful whenever there's a provocative player irritating you. Remember, just to let you know that those are the examples.
System Specs: Prospector's Place, 512MB of RAM PC3200 512MB Corsair, Albatron GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB AGP 8x, Intel Pentium 4 2.4B Ghz 2.66B Ghz 533Mhz FSB, ATA133 40GB Maxtor 7200 RPM, Jetway 865GDMP 800FSB
grf74

Post by grf74 »

OK ThanX prospector. Now, how do I now find his IP, since he can't get back on the server? Also, is there a list of banned IP's kept somewhere on the server?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

his ip will be in your logs
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
grf74

Post by grf74 »

Sorry fo my ignorance, but the logs are where? Or shall I say, how do I access them?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

should be in your servers bani folder
My Website
grf74

Post by grf74 »

ThanX much guys.
grf74

Post by grf74 »

Me again lol.

OK I banned someone tonight using the /players # then /rcon banclient #. And it said "his name" would be banned from the server or something like that lol. Anyway, I came back here and reread what was posted about banning. So I looked in my logs, and couldn't find where any ip's actually are. (My eyes hurt now from all that). What should it look like?

Also, is it ok to clear this log often, as I noticed mine is around 9 megs right now?

ThanX!
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

his ip will be listed when he first connects... will be in format something like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx the x's can be replaced with 1-3 digit numbers but there will be 4 groups
My Website
GRAVEYARD

Post by GRAVEYARD »

Also if you are running PunkBuster you can type /rcon pb_sv_banlist this gives you a list of all players banned. when you find his name look for a slot # for him then type /rcon pb_sv_unban # then look at what it says in the command line there is one more command to type and it tells you what it is something like /rcon pb_sv_update If you don't type the last command when the server is restarted he will be banned again. Hope this helps.
[FuN]mazza

Post by [FuN]mazza »

pb_sv_updbanfile
Capt. Morgan

Post by Capt. Morgan »

How do I ban someone that is not on the server at the time, i already have their IP. I did that /rcon addip thing, did that do it?
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

PB_SV_BanMask [IP Address / Subnet Mask]
Permanently bans players from joining the server from the specified IP Address / Subnet Mask; for example: issuing PB_SV_BanMask "12.34." will cause PB to deny access to all players trying to join from an IP Address that begins with "12.34."; These bans are written to the pbbans.dat file just like bans issued with the PB_SV_Ban command
http://www.evenbalance.com/publications ... /index.htm
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.
grf74

Post by grf74 »

Yeah Spike it did it for me on the Bani server.