Please Vote

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Indifference

Please Vote

Post by Indifference »

I appreciate Medics... They make nice targets in my scope.
OrgyBanana

Post by OrgyBanana »

No, those SUCK!

I hate added soundpacks! THEY RUIN EVERYTHING.

With all the spamming, and people asking HOW they did it, WHERE they get it, WHY doesn't it work for them.

It's more trouble than it is HELP.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

well with the new forced downloads it should eliminate that... spam protection can be usefull to prevent over useage as well. I personally leave this one to bani... some usefull ET style commands like follow me and such could be usefull... more so than "Ha you missed"
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

gee i thought that topic was over :cry:

but i still think those vsay would be used for spam caz they got funtions instead of just beeing funny
Indifference

Post by Indifference »

I don't think that they would be used to spam as much as you think. Funny or whiney vsays seem to be spammed the most, such as "I need ammo!", or "Why don't you set up a tent...". Yes, I agree that the "Follow Me!" vsay gets a bit more use than it should, but that's because it's one of the very few team oriented vsays available that are practical and tactical enough to get used.

A quick show of hands:

How many of you have been trapped in the axis side of "destruction" in that narrow little corridor? It's gibs akimbo for the other team's grenadiers. Everyone bunches up and you can't move. "Spread out!" would be a great vsay for such a situation.

In "trenchtoast" with 6 or less players per team, who has been owned because your teammates were not in position when one of the 3-man enemy fireteams bushwacked you from around the corner of a ridge? "Stay Together!" would fit that situation to a tee.

Bottom Line, anyone can spam anything, and not just vsays. Spamming "tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a si yefink" every two minutes is just as bad. All I am asking is that the ability to communicate clearly and concisely be made available. Sure, I could type the comunications, but the best part about vsay is the ability to do it quickly and accurately and before situations change.

That's all from this end...

And besides the only ones that really need ammo bad are spys, pilots and the rare sniper that is able to kill so quickly, he runs out of ammo fast.

Everyone else should drop there empty guns and feed off the munitions of their fallen victims. After all, they won't need it anymore. That's what I do.
Liquid

Post by Liquid »

medics need med too, and also if you are good, you dont die often therefore you need ammo frequently, also if your are using a tompson and the enemy is using an mp40 you are screwed....which tends to happen to me a lot.....but whatever.... :D
You cant hold back the liquid...ohhh...ohhh...lol...jk.
Indifference

Post by Indifference »

Liquid wrote:if your are using a tompson and the enemy is using an mp40 you are screwed
Having turned them into swiss cheese, drop your weapon and grab theirs. That's how all those Leuits end up with a Venom. The dropweapon command is very powerful. The only time it doesn't work is if you are one of the special classes(Spy, Scout, CO, Pilot). That's why the special classes are so dependant on Leuits. They can't even pick up THEIR OWN weapon after the drop it. But if they find a weapon on the ground that is the same as theirs, the can take the ammo from it.

Have you noticed that Noobs that become pilots always die while using a pistol or a grenade? They run out of ammo because the shoot when they might have a shot. Veterans either get ammo before jetting off or only fire when they are sure they can hit the enemy, and always in very small bursts.

The only class I've played and never ran out of ammo is the CO. I use the Shotgun as a defensive weapon to gaurd the respawn nest and enemies don't have very good chances of rushing a respawn nest with repawned players constantly coming out. :D

Even as a Leuit, I run out because I am resupplying any nearby teammates and throwing airstrikes/calling in artillery.

...I feed off the dead... Even as a Leuit. :twisted:
RaY

Post by RaY »

K, the whole "people will spam" argument ain't that great. One reason that the new vsays are/were spammed so much is because they're completely useless taunts. Another is that they don't help the team communicate important information quickly, which is the whole point of vsays. So yeah, I'm all for adding vsays that serve a point and are actually useful.
[url=irc://irc.quaknet.org/ascend]#ascend[/url]
Liquid

Post by Liquid »

yes indifference i see what you mean, but personally i love the tompson because it is more powerful than the mp40....but yes i could just throw it down and pick up the mp40....its just personal preference....im just hardheaded....lol :D :D :lol: :lol:
You cant hold back the liquid...ohhh...ohhh...lol...jk.