dual G5 vs. 3.4 Ghz P4

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

G5 vs. P4

g5
13%
P4
36%
Athalon
51%

Total votes: 39

Liquid

Post by Liquid »

GOTENKS PIRATES SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!....... :lol: :lol:
You cant hold back the liquid...ohhh...ohhh...lol...jk.
-[x]- Surge

Post by -[x]- Surge »

also the Architecture of the intel is made well but has faults with reading the memory contoller to so stick with amd 8)
Please visit our site it has a brand new look

http://www.x-clansoldiers.com/

please visit and join our forums if you want to stop by and hang out.
Lizzard

Post by Lizzard »

amd owns all! ;) :shock: :D :P :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
[asf]Lizzard
www.American-Special-Forces.com
DrunkenHoboG4ng: explains the overflowing river of gheyness
cLoSeT_MoNsTeR

Post by cLoSeT_MoNsTeR »

you're better off getting a MAC G5, it is the most powerful personal computer in the world. Plus, doesn't matter what kind of comp you have whether its PC or mac, if it has speed, durability and power then check out all the info about the new G5 here........>http://www.apple.com/powermac/http://ww ... /powermac/

G5 owns all muahahahahaha......... :twisted: :x :!: :!: :twisted:
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

yeah and then you won't beable to play 90% of the games available... oh and btw i love mac but i don't seeany reason to get "the most powerfull" unless your needing it for something... and gaming is one of the biggest power hogs. Also even though Mac's are much more powerfull (agreed) you'll pay alot more for equivilent Ghz...
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
cLoSeT_MoNsTeR

Post by cLoSeT_MoNsTeR »

that is exactly the reason why i am a mac user, if i was a pc user then that would lessen the percentage of the possible gaming market growth that is starting to finally take notice:).

Therefore, i support the company and its market share to help increase it. lots of people have said get a pc, get a pc. you know its tempting but i'd rather have the most powerful comp with fewer games then have a an alright pc and have tons of games that aren't really worth having in the first place.

Now, this is just my opinion but, they are very few games out there worth buying as far as i'm concerned. i am helping mac increase their gaming community which is small just like this (bani) community.
there are lots of games on the market that are absolutely CRAP!! lol
trust me, i have a strong feeling the mac game market will rise soon and expand pretty big, thats my theory, because more and more companies are working toghether with pc to create compatibility for both machines :)
(as far as games go)www.macgameaddict.com/www.macgamingclan.com

expect no less dedication from a machead:D
JEXLIN

Post by JEXLIN »

closet case?
TEAMMATE-8163

Post by TEAMMATE-8163 »

cLoSeT_MoNsTeR wrote: you know its tempting but i'd rather have the most powerful comp with fewer games then have a an alright pc and have tons of games that aren't really worth having in the first place.
Fool. What’s the point of having the “most powerful” comp and not having anything to run on it? Do you do video editing?

“Hey look at me!!! I have the fastest pc… I use it to chat on aim and surf the web!!”

Just as a side note by throwing a 256 meg ATI 9800 pro or a GeForce 5900 into any pc makes any processor speed almost irrelevant. There is no way in hell you will be able to tell the difference between an AMD XP 3200+ with one of those cards and a G5.

Also, you can build your own comp a hell of a lot cheaper then you would HAVE pay for a G5. You can’t build your own G5. I would give more respect to the guy who builds his own PC then to the dude that shits $3000 down the toilet for a pre-made G5.

[/rant]

EDIT: I just checked Mac's site for "customizing" your own G5. You dont even get the option of the 256 meg ATI 9800 Pro/GeForce FX 5900.

The $3000 doesn’t include a monitor btw: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/W ... y=PowerMac
Last edited by TEAMMATE-8163 on Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RedNeck

Post by RedNeck »

play et yet. oh wait no et version i forgot, there is one kick a$$ game your noob a$$ will never play, i have a nvidia 5900 ultra and a mac doesnt even come close to the graphics i get to see, oh and also i built my comp for about 1,200 bucks. have fun paying more than double for something than can barley keep up to my redneck's revenge pc.
If you dont want some then dont start some!
TEAMMATE-8163

Post by TEAMMATE-8163 »

I will continue my rant.

Note that they are comparing a SINGLE P4 and a DUAL G5 system. Also note that they don't even have AMD up there. I still don't see why on earth someone would wand to spend so much money for no good reason.

To recap, G5 whores are paying at least $1500 more for an alleged ounce more of processor speed. But wait! That ounce more of processor speed will edit video a millisecond faster then the Pentium or AMD equivalent!!!....................
If you do wish to tell us why G5s are worth the extra $1500 you had better give us some damn good reasons.
cLoSeT_MoNsTeR

Post by cLoSeT_MoNsTeR »

obviously you have no idea what you are talking about teammate.
apple computers are not piece of shit gateway computers.
yeah you buy almost everything separate, thats why its called customed built. Oh, and their not just comparing a DUAL with a pentium 4 G5's consist of not only DUAL but single which is still faster than pentium.
If you look at the rating carefully, its comparing the speed with how fast it can process final edit cut PRO, and photoshop 4 times faster than a pentium 4 thats where the real speed comes in. Do you do video editing? Have you ever sat and waited for a small piece of video to render out or waited for over a minute do some stupid filter in Photshop? You seem to be on a soap box preaching about something you know nothing about. Reading an article or looking at stats is not the same as real life dip shit. sorry to burst your bubble, but macs dont come in a box with everything in it like your buying a fuckin gateway piece of shit.

if your just bitching about the packaging parts or what it doesnt come with then dont fuckin buy it.
cLoSeT_MoNsTeR

Post by cLoSeT_MoNsTeR »

oh and for redneck, macs aquire the same video cards you can get for pc you fuckin retard, GEFORCE and ATI are compatoble with mac and pc you fuckin brainwashed microsoft candy ass geek, don't fuckin come in here and dis me just because i state an opinion about a g5.
thats what this post is for, to compare and vote for either comp( i have a alienware anthlon xp too btw) i own a pc and a mac dickfuck.
you fuckin assholes get on my nerves with your fuckin attitudes and dickless behavior when no one was even talking to you in the fuckin first place. one person asked for peoples opinions on what to buy, thats what i did so fuck off :twisted:
Lizzard

Post by Lizzard »

its getting hot in here..*nudge
[asf]Lizzard
www.American-Special-Forces.com
DrunkenHoboG4ng: explains the overflowing river of gheyness
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

again i am not biased either way, BUT teammate does have a point i can build a kick ass computer far less than gateway would sell one for, and gateway is crap compared to mac...
now for the games... honestly i don't see much need for companies to develop games for mac's because most diehard mac addicts don't really care that much about the games because they make themselves a cheap pc that will work for games and do their power work (grafix and music editing) on macs... although a lot of the major corps don't use macs because the ultra highend software is not mac or athlon compatible...
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
RammStein

Post by RammStein »

It's really sad that you guys get pissed over who has a better computer.