dual G5 vs. 3.4 Ghz P4

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

G5 vs. P4

g5
13%
P4
36%
Athalon
51%

Total votes: 39

gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i'm not pissed... mine suxorz major... 667 celeron hp moboard
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
RammStein

Post by RammStein »

Ah, we must have posted at the same time! When i typed this, lizzard's was the last post. I was mainly referring to closet monster and the ppl he mentioned.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

actually i posted 4 min's before you did :p
My Website
RedNeck

Post by RedNeck »

cLoSeT_MoNsTeR wrote:oh and for redneck, macs aquire the same video cards you can get for pc you fuckin retard, GEFORCE and ATI are compatoble with mac and pc you fuckin brainwashed microsoft candy ass geek, don't fuckin come in here and dis me just because i state an opinion about a g5.
thats what this post is for, to compare and vote for either comp( i have a alienware anthlon xp too btw) i own a pc and a mac dickfuck.
you fuckin assholes get on my nerves with your fuckin attitudes and dickless behavior when no one was even talking to you in the fuckin first place. one person asked for peoples opinions on what to buy, thats what i did so fuck off :twisted:
hey wow you got mad my job is done, i feel better about myself. :D :D :D

the only thing is you say buy a mac great have fun, but to deprive the kid that originaly posted here from good and plentiful games. you NEED a pc for games. i love apple switch parody of the mac gamer.
If you dont want some then dont start some!
lhystory

Post by lhystory »

What are you talking about!!!!!! P4 Is obviously the greatest PC you can get.... For instance take my Computer....
P4 3.2GGH w/ Hyper Threading 875FSB
1GIG DDR
ATI Radeo 9800 256 (BTW ATI MARAUDERS GeForce with performance and quality)
Granite Bay motherboard...And guess waht Water cooling system...when I turn it to max cooling it goes easily over 3.4 range :lol: and it cost me only $1500 :wink: Try getting an AMD with the same stuff inside...OR try and get the same comp at Alienware...alienwares will charge you aWELL over 6000 dollar range without the cooling system...
Yngwie is the ABSOLUTE GOD!
lhystory

Post by lhystory »

BTW WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT A MAC IF YOUR NOT WORKING FOR A MAJOR COMPANY WHICH REQUIRES YOU TO CREATE AND OR EDIT HUGE MOVIES?
lhystory

Post by lhystory »

btw closet monster you used Fuck 8 times in your post...thats assault brotha...
cLoSeT_MoNsTeR

Post by cLoSeT_MoNsTeR »

we all have our own machines to comply with what we need or want to use. like i said before i own a pc and a mac, i dont want to deprive anyone from anything(thats what pedophile christian preachers try to do to horny nuns)anyway, i like the alienware area 51, but i like anthlon xp better, but thats just my personal preference.
wolfenskater buy whatever you want just make sure you get all your warranty shit taken care of, you dont want to end up with a piece of sh!t, or have it break down on you, then you end up wasting your money and sitting there like a duck with a broke ass comp.

hey, by all means bro, explore all you want. heh, the last comp i bought i took several months to decide, went through lots of different issues and money problems until finally i got i wanted almost like getting a tattoo.
good luck :-D
Last edited by cLoSeT_MoNsTeR on Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cLoSeT_MoNsTeR

Post by cLoSeT_MoNsTeR »

um....history i think you need to research more on the G5 before you spout out your soapbox like teammate did and check my post right above this one. no one is asking or telling you to buy anything(do you have a brain in your head?)

shit, i have best of both worlds i'm fuckin happy

:twisted: :twisted:
cLoSeT_MoNsTeR

Post by cLoSeT_MoNsTeR »

oh BTW the P4 is not more powerful than the G5 you idiot...LOL :!:
lhystory

Post by lhystory »

I never said it was stronger 8) all i said is that a typical gamer DOESNT need the mac...macs are useless...and BTW you spelled my name wrong...hystory not history...
Boco

Post by Boco »

lhystory wrote:What are you talking about!!!!!! P4 Is obviously the greatest PC you can get.... For instance take my Computer....
P4 3.2GGH w/ Hyper Threading 875FSB
1GIG DDR
ATI Radeo 9800 256 (BTW ATI MARAUDERS GeForce with performance and quality)
Granite Bay motherboard...And guess waht Water cooling system...when I turn it to max cooling it goes easily over 3.4 range :lol: and it cost me only $1500 :wink: Try getting an AMD with the same stuff inside...OR try and get the same comp at Alienware...alienwares will charge you aWELL over 6000 dollar range without the cooling system...
K.

1GB PC2100 DDR : $130
P4 3.2 GB : $660
ATI RADEON 9800 w/ 256MB DDR : $436
Gigabyte "Granite Bay" mobo : $111
Water Coolant System : Est. $225 (Found various coolant systems on the net and averaged the result)
Total: $1562

1GB PC4000 DDR : $307
AMD AthlonXP 3200 : $435
GeForceFX 5900 w/ 256MB DDR : $410
Asus A7N8X mobo : $124 (Got best overall mobo from Tom's Hardware)
Water Coolant System : Est. $225 (Found various coolant systems on the net and averaged the result)
Total: $1501

I think I beat your system with $61 to spare. Hey! I can buy a game with that! <3
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

Damn, this is almost bad as a religion argument... I will try to bring a consensus to it all. All CPUs have their good sides or they wouldn't still be around. From what I have noticed:
Intel=everday windows apps and internet browsing crap
AMD=games and PC multimedia apps
G5=multimedia apps and video

I may be forgetting something but for the most part that is what each processor is good for. The rest comes down to the MoBo, ram, sound card, and graphics card. If you want to be really picky you can start comparing input devices and monitors.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

SwERvE wrote:Intel=everday windows apps and internet browsing crap
There is also corporate shit that doesn't run on an athlon.... i've seen lots of people have that problem
My Website
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

hehe true... still that can be said about all CPUs, in general.