I have proof that you may not deny my potential to be god!

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

gotenks

Post by gotenks »

corpse only someone who knows what it takes to qualify would know what doesn't qualify...
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
CorpseGrinder

Post by CorpseGrinder »

gotenks wrote:corpse only someone who knows what it takes to qualify would know what doesn't qualify...
Thanks for the help Got, think about what you just wrote for a second. :roll: What does that obvious statement you just made have to do with any point anyone it trying to make.

Stop cluttering the place up and let him answer. :lol:
I am a loser that can't handle commitment.
gotenks

Re: I have proof that you may not deny my potential to be go

Post by gotenks »

CorpseGrinder wrote:What makes you think you qualify or have the potential to qualify? Only someone that knows what it take to be god or a god would imply that they have potential to be god.
If only someone that knows what it takes to be god or a god would know if someone else was right in saying that they have th e potential to be god
My Website
CorpseGrinder

Re: I have proof that you may not deny my potential to be go

Post by CorpseGrinder »

gotenks wrote:
CorpseGrinder wrote:What makes you think you qualify or have the potential to qualify? Only someone that knows what it take to be god or a god would imply that they have potential to be god.
If only someone that knows what it takes to be god or a god would know if someone else was right in saying that they have th e potential to be god
Ok, since you have become the official spokesman and self-appointed know-it-all in the area of philosophy go ahead and answer the question I addressed to Ph0g. If you even caught the question.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

hey i admit i can't, i'm just standing up for scientific reasoning here... science is on his side...
My Website
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

CorpseGrinder, my religion set the standards and qualifications for just what God is. Since I am the creator of my faith, I obviously have knowledge of these qualifications.

Cow, you seem to think that being the superior being requires being superior in every aspect. That isn't true. Who is to say there has to be an "ultimate" being perfect in every way? Once again, you are arguing from a Christian view.

My faith sees God as the superior being. This doesn't mean he is perfect, it doesn't mean that no one is better than him in any way. It just means that all in all, he is the being of greatest superiority.

One more thing. I never ruled out the possibility that I could be god as of this second, I simply stated that if I am not the potential is there.

As SHV pointed out, since everything has the potential for anything. You can not argue against me.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Der Kammisar

Post by Der Kammisar »

Just wanna point out too that science is not on Ph0g's side. Logic is. There is a difference.

http://www.carlton.paschools.pa.sk.ca/c ... efault.htm
From the link above wrote:Proof, as we mean it when we say "prove me wrong", has nothing to do with science. While we might use the word "proof" in science, it is not a scientific idea. Proving is an exercise in logic.
=SWAT=DerKammisar
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

but in science there is NEVER proof of something, we simply have theories that have not been disproved yet...
My Website
SHVDKTY (ID)

Post by SHVDKTY (ID) »

Ph0g wrote: My faith sees God as the superior being. This doesn't mean he is perfect, it doesn't mean that no one is better than him in any way. It just means that all in all, he is the being of greatest superiority.
superior:
1 : situated higher up : UPPER
2 : of higher rank, quality, or importance

superiority:
the quality or state of being superior;

Must I continually give out vocabulary lessons? To say that he is the superior being or the being of greatest superiority means that there is none better, in anything. He is of the higest rank. Now you can use the word superior in a comparason such as: I am superior to you. That does not state that there is no one better than I just that i am superior to you. But to say I am the being of greatest superiority means there is no one better than I.

Ph0g wrote: One more thing. I never ruled out the possibility that I could be god as of this second, I simply stated that if I am not the potential is there.

Not entirely true...You stated that we cannot argue against the fact that the potential was there for you to be God. Which is true, we cannot argue against that. See the definition of potential. But to say you are God now well that is an entirely different matter all together (with nothing to do with potential) and we can argue against that. Where to begin....well lets start with the English language, which is what we are using in this argument. The word God as defined by the English Language is as follows.

1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshiped as creator and ruler of the universe b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
2 : a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
3 : a person or thing of supreme value
4 : a powerful ruler

Now unless you are a ruler of something not clear to me, you are not a God as it is defined by the English language. Note this definition is not from any religion (1b aside) therefore your argument that every religion defines God different is bogus. Every religion my differ on his (her) attributes, but all religions view their God(s) as something resembling the above definition. If you do not agree with the above definition then use a different language or a different word to describe yourself. God simply will not do for you right now. As for the potential argument...well it still holds. Choose which argument you wish go with. Now I am not saying weather God exists or not, that argument would be futile. What I am saying that in the English Language God is defined as above and to say you are a God you would need to fit one of those 4 definitions. Otherwise you cannot use the word God to describe yourself.

I think we all see what is going on here....While looking up the word superiority I came across the real culprit of why this argument has gone on so long. superiority complex Look it up. :lol: :lol:
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Greatest superiority simply means highest superiority out of the given. So if no all powerful being is given, that of greatest superiority does not necessarily have to be better in everything, it just means none is better all in all.

You can forget about the English definition of god, the English definition of God is basically just a mix of the common views of God in major religions. But in reality God is defined by the religion in which it is referenced from, not the language it is referenced from. In this case it is being referenced from my religion, in which I dictate the very definition of God. :)
I am Ph0g, you are not.
SHVDKTY (ID)

Post by SHVDKTY (ID) »

Ph0g wrote: In this case it is being referenced from my religion, in which I dictate the very definition of God. :)
Ph0g wrote: My faith sees God as the superior being. It just means that all in all, he is the being of greatest superiority.
Ph0g wrote: Greatest superiority simply means highest superiority out of the given. So if no all powerful being is given, that of greatest superiority does not necessarily have to be better in everything, it just means none is better all in all.

Do you even read what you write? So by your definition you being the God of your religion are superior ,all in all, to all given (in this case every living person). Name one area you are superior in...it can be any area...is there even one area in your life that you can say you are even close to the top in the world? If you understand the law of averages to be superior all in all may not mean best in everything but it better be best in in a whole bunch of things or the average goes down real fast. It is like a decathalon you may be real good in one or two events but if you suck in even one you will not be crowned superior. You need to be near if not THE top in every event to be crowned the superior athlete.

I think the only thing you may find you are superior in is your EGO.
superiority complex
Main Entry: superiority complex
Function: noun
Date: circa 1924
: an exaggerated opinion of oneself

Hmmm sound an awful lot like your God..lol

BTW your definition of your GOD (or you), namely:
Ph0g wrote: My faith sees God as the superior being. It just means that all in all, he is the being of greatest superiority.
Sounds an awful lot like the definition I found in the dictionary, namely:

1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshiped as creator and ruler of the universe b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
2 : a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
3 : a person or thing of supreme value
4 : a powerful ruler

But as you said the dictionary or the English language mean nothing. :roll: :roll:
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

SHV, I can easily knock that attack down by manipulating the weighted values of characteristics in my faith. I can say that my faith believes Characteristic X is worth 10,000 times more than all other characteristics. Now if I have the most of Characteristic X, suddenly my faith recognises me as vastly superior, if not the being of greatest superiority :).

Hell, I can even state that my faith believes the one who's IP address is 67.160.95.8 as of now, is god. w00t, I win! :D
I am Ph0g, you are not.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

:roll:
My Website
CorpseGrinder

Post by CorpseGrinder »

Ph0g wrote:SHV, I can easily knock that attack down by manipulating the weighted values of characteristics in my faith. I can say that my faith believes Characteristic X is worth 10,000 times more than all other characteristics. Now if I have the most of Characteristic X, suddenly my faith recognises me as vastly superior, if not the being of greatest superiority :).

Hell, I can even state that my faith believes the one who's IP address is 67.160.95.8 as of now, is god. w00t, I win! :D
By having to weight values to support your argument you have proven that you have the potential to one day work for the advancement of evil and not the betterment of mankind. Therefore, you not only have the potential of beina one, but are a total anus. :wink:
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

CorpseGrinder wrote: but are a total anus. :wink:
you just figured that out???
My Website