dual G5 vs. 3.4 Ghz P4

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

G5 vs. P4

g5
13%
P4
36%
Athalon
51%

Total votes: 39

Kamel

Post by Kamel »

... i was right, my multiplier and voltages are stock values... 1.65volts at 11x multiplyer.

http://139.95.253.214/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC ... =obj(1224)
"Common sense isn't very common."
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

Kamel wrote:... i was right, my multiplier and voltages are stock values... 1.65volts at 11x multiplyer.
do we really have to go through this again, that link states nothing, just that the fact that a 2500+ and a 3200+ use the same multi, which i explained in my previous post, but if you upped you fsb to 200 instead of the 166 its prolly currently at, your 2500+ won't boot until you up the voltage, you didn't pay much attention to our previous posts did you, or from what i understand your cpu isn't oc'd, you just think that it is... which would be my guess :wink:

go get a program called CPU-Z and tell me what it says that your processor is, if you oc'd the 2500+ correctly, it won't say athlon 2500, it'll say whatever it's oc'd to, but if its not oc'd, it'll say 2500+, from your last statement and your statment about you not changing fsb or voltages or anything, my guess is that it will be a 2500+ because you never actually overclocked it 8)

and from your statment about your bios, you'll need to set it up to expert and then manually change your fsb up to 200, also you are gonna wanna increase you voltages to 1.75, unless you feel like fucking with the cmos jumpers, at which point if you load up under the 1.75 volts you are def gonna need a temp monitor, cause if it goes anywhere near 60C you better shutdown your computer and put them back to normal, basically you never oc'd your computer you just thought you did, which is rather amusing, cause no moboard will "automatically" your cpu for you, cause when you oc, its voids your warrenty so moboards aren't allowed to "automatically" void warrenties... :?
Till DEATH do us Part
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

i'm not a god damn dumbass... just because i am not a jackass who claims they know shit-all about shit he doesn't know much about doesn't mean i'm a fucking retard.

my processor IS overclocked correctly, it benchmarks ON PAR with an xp3200+(sisoft sandra), when i right click on my computer it actually says it's an xp3200+.

i did read your posts, and my voltages ARE NOT MODIFIED. thanks for all of your support asshole, i think i will go stick my thumb up my ass and look at how to be like you because you're just soooo much fuckin smarter than me.

fuck you.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

lol, i gotta post a link here for true oc'ers, they'll be rather amused :lol:

in the meantime, why don't you take some pics and show us :wink:

cpu-z pics btw, not some right-click my computer properties, cpu-z will show voltages and everything we need to see
Last edited by Imbroglio on Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Till DEATH do us Part
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

Imbroglio wrote:lol, i gotta post a link here for true oc'ers, they'll be rather amused :lol:
yes, at your stupidity. i will give you a screenshot of motherboard monitor to prove my voltages, and my clock frequency.

i will also use whatever program you would like in order for me to prove to you that my CPU is overclocked properly.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

ahh the senseless act of flaming, roflmfao, just post a cpu-z scrnshot from the processor tab, kid you are funny :lol:
Till DEATH do us Part
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

no problems, i will. i'm at school right now though, so it will be around 4 or 5pm
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i finially got my 2100+ to overclock to 2400+... no voltage settings are required to overclock, but you may see improved performance if you do...
however i would not reccomend for everyone to overclock
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

yeah, gotenks i understand you don't have to change vcore settings when you move up or down a couple hundred of mHz, but he's talking about going from a 2500, a 1.8 to a 3200 a 2.2 and also he's upping the fsb which i don't remember off hand if you had to or not, but the lowest vcore settings i've seen out of oc'ers is 1.7 with 2500's to 3200's, so my guess is one of two things, either he isn't overclocked, or he doesn't have a 2500, cause you can oc a 2800 to a 3200 without vcore changes
Till DEATH do us Part
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

ok, just as i promised:

post a link to this forum so real overclockers can see it now, bitch.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

vindictive wrote:as for the voltage claim. first, let me laugh. hahahahaha
i don't see you laughing now.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

ok kamel, you win, here's your award:

now everyone STFU before i have to break out the can of whoopass.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

:D YAY!!!!

/me does the retard clap