Can you put a prone delay or something in etpro?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

meman

Can you put a prone delay or something in etpro?

Post by meman »

The number of people proning to take advantage of the fact you can't be hit for 1 second during proneing is increasing.

If it could take 3 seconds to go prone or 3 second delay of getting back up after proneing or some thing like that it wouldn't effect the people who use prone for legit reasons.
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

there are disadvantages to proning while fighting. i wont go over them unless pushed.. but something as simple as this does not give any huge advantage.. plus this is not a public mod.. its made for competition on ladders/leagues. chances are wouldn't be put in.. even if this was a problem.. which its not.
meman

Post by meman »

I don't play pub, the prob is in comp. 2 of the top4 teams do it.
It gives an advantage they can't be hit properly as there going prone, so if they prone during an smg fight your stuffed..
It is a big problem and when less clans used it i said it'd ruin et. Well it did ruin it and i quit, i'm hoping there will be a fix in the next etpro tho.
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

knife > prone
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

Meman, how about showing a demo of a match where this was abused a lot effectively. Most of us probably haven't seen it so can't really follow your frustration.
dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

One of the top clans in the AU scene atm are dirty proners :)
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i've only 1 time seen it used, actually did not know it was an invoulnerability bug, just thought i was missing... he still died
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
hiro

Post by hiro »

Going prone to get cover behind something is smart play, doing it in the open to take advantage of temp invinvibility is pathetic. In the last few weeks I've noticed a lot of players on public servers going prone in smg fights to avoid the last few hits that would kill them, but once you know what they are doing it's pretty easy to deal with and make them pay horribly for their sins! :twisted:
pod.TDK

Post by pod.TDK »

for the guys who dont know how its work its like crouching in the fight (think everyone know this from et/rtcw) but the body moves much more than if you crouch so realy not easy to hit or kill the guy if he use it right.
see this on publics more and more hope in some weeks not everone do this becouse its just sucks :)
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

pod.TDK wrote:for the guys who dont know how its work its like crouching in the fight
actually he's talkingabout going prone, like when you lay down then jumping back up
My Website
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

its like crouching in the fight? I dont see how this is wrong :|

If you were getting shot at, you'd do everything possible to stay alive, would you not? ... But IF there is an expliot where you take no damage while going into prone for 1 sec you say? Then that should be taken care of, although I don't see any proof, or I have not ever killed anyone because they went into prone.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i don't see a problem with it, you are unshootable for 1 sec but you are pretty immoble for a sec or two
My Website
hiro

Post by hiro »

a simple fix would be to either remove the invulnerability or the ability to shoot while in the process of going prone.

on the subject of going prone, any chance that players could allowed to go prone in the middle of a jump, so that you land already in a prone position? it would be great for ice sliding :D
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

and you'd look like superman... well for a sec anyway
My Website
{Zer0}Eclipse

Post by {Zer0}Eclipse »

Prone = win