No, Splashdamage designed it that way on purpose
51%

Total votes: 84

bani
Site Admin

Should +dropweapon return?

Post by bani »

Vote on the return of +dropweapon ...

A lot of players have asked for +dropweapon to return to et. Splashdamage specifically removed +dropweapon from et to change the weapon dynamics of soldier.

Do you want it back?
Last edited by bani on Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

definately bring it back for bayonet but i think they wanted it removed for et so etpro should leave it out IMHO
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Bring it back!!!!!.

I had drop weapon bound to N in RTCW.

I have prone bound to N in ET.

Needless to say I still go prone after a panzer shot in ET.. lol
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i would realy like to get it back

its also better for teamwork if you walk around whit your frend and you still got lots of ammo but low on healt and he got lots of healt but low ammo you can drop your weapon and he cna pick it up as ammo (unless its from the same type)

also
if you and your teamate are defending and some allied whit thrompsom walks in and you got both mp40 you cna drop/give your ammo to your teamate and pick up the thrompson.

or if you want to pickup an other weapon like for soldats you can hide your own weapon behind a box or something

only i see the dropweapon lovers are loosing the votes ... :roll:
flonk

Post by flonk »

just set a delay - so you can't do like we did in rtcw - fire the panz then drop it immediately. It's stupid that you can't share weapons with your mates, distribute ammo and such.

idea; make it possible to drop clips - so if yo have 30/120 in you mp40, and your m8 only has 15 bullets left - you can drop two clips and you wind up with 30/60 and he'll have 15/60 :)?
flonk of Unverwunbare Mannschaft
Danish Enemy Territory Clan
ND80

Post by ND80 »

Definitely bring it back. As for ETPro, Bani as you could tell on XCAST last night, this is something that IS wanted for ETPro
AceAlive

Post by AceAlive »

I am against bringing it back as it would only strengthen the Panzerfaust and I don´t want that :)

Let`s keep it as it is, don´t include an option that makes a spammy weapon like the Panzerfaust more valuable.
check out my scripting-tutorials for ET and RTCW @ www.Game-Foundation.com
tWIStd

Post by tWIStd »

eh, it works fine the way it is. another version of medic+venom? :roll:
wet weed bad, wet crack good
{Zer0}Eclipse

Post by {Zer0}Eclipse »

gotenks wrote:definately bring it back for bayonet but i think they wanted it removed for et so etpro should leave it out IMHO
^ Im with Tenks on this one
bluejacket

Post by bluejacket »

tWIStd wrote:eh, it works fine the way it is. another version of medic+venom? :roll:
No, he's talking about the +dropweapon from vanilla or osp rtcw. You still can only pick up the weapons that your class can use, but it makes it easier to switch weapons.

I say bring it back but don't let panzers drop to cancel their shot. Make them continue to use lean because dropweapon makes it too quick and easy. Right now, I hate it when the hand will appear as if you can pick up a weapon but pressing +activate sometimes won't work until you back away and move over the item again.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well yes dont make it that pantser cna stop shots
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:well yes dont make it that pantser cna stop shots
The panzer can already stop shots :roll:

As far as +dropweapon goes, it seems to me if it lets you get your weapon faster than just changing would, that is a gameplay change rather than a bugfix. If we want people to be able to get the pistol instantly after firing the pf, why not just turn the delay down ? From the X-cast thing, it sounds like this is what people wanted. If that is the case, then introducing dropweapon is a silly round-about way to get it.

Gameplay changes should only be done to fix actual gameplay problems, not just to make ET more like RTCW. I'm not convinced that the current ET behaviour is a crippling problem. People seem to still use PFs effectively. One might argue that all the other soldier weapons are nearly useless...
send lawyers, guns and money
Majin

Post by Majin »

I find myself getting killed very often in ET because I couldnt switch to the enemies gun when out of ammo. If someone dies facing a wall, the gun falls down inside of their body. The body then blocks your ability to take the gun. In RTCW you could just drop your useless out of ammo gun, and run over the body. In ET I have to either take 10 seconds to POSSIBLY get the gun at some angle, or nade the body, or wait for it to go away. All of which lead to me getting attacked from behind =(
Superfreak

Post by Superfreak »

NO. Once again, this game is *NOT* RTCW. Bringing back one of the more questionable 'features' is not going to improve this game. It amazes me to see some of the same people wanting +dropweapon *also* wanting to further nerf the panzer/rifle grenade....

The entire concept that *while sprinting at 20 mph*, one can drop a panzerfaust, pick it back up, stow it, and bring out a pistol instantaneously as opposed to slinging the panzer & pulling pistol (which takes 3 or so seconds)...just entirely wrong. Was wrong in Wolf, would be wrong in ET.

Sorry to the insta-switch lovers out there, but if you're going to do that, just get rid of weaponswitch delay altogether...Oh, and I should be able to +dropweapon to instantly load another rifle grenade.

Superfreak[Ballz]
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

Hell no, don't make me dislike ETPro. I don't care for the Panzerfaust, if people want to stop their shots then rather make a vote for +stoppanzerfaust, this shouldn't be connected with the +dropweapon thing at all.
I don't want +dropweapon because it would change the way you pickup weapons. I love the way it's done in ET, "using" a weapon to pick it up has a certain style and simplicity to it, that I like much better than just dropping your weapon and walking over the next one (as it was in every game I played before).
If you add +dropweapon, nobody will do this anymore because just dropping your weapon is a lot faster. This would mean that 90% of us have to bind a new key for something many of us enjoy less. That's not the way games should be designed.
The less keys you need to control a game, the better. If you don't trust me on this, then at least trust Carmack.