a few wishes

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Lagger

a few wishes

Post by Lagger »

I got a lot of crappy presents for christmas, so here's a list of the things i didn't get... or something.

1. Event-triggered cvars executed on team and class changes. They could be named b_evt_axis,b_evt_allies,b_evt_sol,b_evt_med and so forth... This would help ease the pain of the complex spawnpoint system, and make per-class configuration work when using limbo menu.

2. A "b_hidegun" cvar: leet gamers usually use cg_drawgun 0 to get rid of muzzle flash. When 1, this cvar would hide only smg and pistol, but keep the rest of the utensils visible (yeah i know you can make a lame script that does it, but it doesn't work when the game changes weapons for you).

3. Power bar coloring. I have mentioned this before, but i think it is worth mentioning again. This time i will try in english. :roll:
atm, the power bar color is determined by the amount of power left, but this is redundant. if the power bar was colored by availabilty of weapons. thus by the color of the bar i would be able to see whether or not i can drop a medipack, or fire the mortar. For classes with more than one use of power bar, each threshold would be indicated by a separate color.

what do you think? would these things be useful?
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Bani adding a field for average team ping would be a great idea. I don't mean to bring up his name but Rhea has it on the new OSP beta 9 for RTCW. Little late for OSp but would be great for ETPRO.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

Threshold wrote:Bani adding a field for average team ping would be a great idea. I don't mean to bring up his name but Rhea has it on the new OSP beta 9 for RTCW. Little late for OSp but would be great for ETPRO.
this is already being done
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

1) I love it, I could only wish for this to be put in.
2) Love it also, maybe like someone has said before, a optional transperancy of the gun. :O!
3) Sounds good.
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

bani, are these things doable?
spacemonkeyyy

could this be considered?

Post by spacemonkeyyy »

well, cg_drawgun is more for FPS increasing. players can have an advantage when turning this off. but if you call this an advantage, take these commands for an example too :

cg_bobroll
cg_bobyaw
cg_bobpitch
cg_runroll
cg_runpitch ( these commands removes the shaking of your screen while moving.

r_subdivision 999 **hint** allows you to see thru 2 walls on fueldump
it isnt a cheat, because it only removes a few corners from curves and models on maps.

some commands that should be in punkbuster!
and yes, i like your idea... cg_drawgun should remove SOME things, but not everything
hiro

Post by hiro »

one of the main issues with drawgun is the muzzle flash that obscures your view of opponents in fast moving firefights. It would be great if this could have an alpha channel that could be set like bloodflash and blooddamageblend

would help here :)
Svartberg

Post by Svartberg »

hiro wrote:one of the main issues with drawgun is the muzzle flash that obscures your view of opponents in fast moving firefights. It would be great if this could have an alpha channel that could be set like bloodflash and blooddamageblend
Definetly, i hate to remove the drawgun of my weapon, but sometimes i have no chance - with the MG for example.
even though i have a better accuracy without the cg_drawgun, i put it on because this is part of the fun, eh ?

As for the original post :
1. More scripting always help, but sorry for the n00b question, how exactly it will help anything ?

2. Yeah, the scripting part isn't very useful, it just doens't cut it 100%. (personally cg_drawgun alpha would help me more though ...)

3. I agree with the way it will be helpful, having a cvar to configure it could help so many people who could find it useful, personally i don't need it, because the classes i play can afford to look in the charge, but like the other cvars in etpro, there is bound to be some every individual would like.
Marcovische

Post by Marcovische »

Hello,

Maybe you won't take me serious, because this is my first post. But I have a big wish, could you put the sound "On my way" back in E.T.
It's much faster to put on "z" than telling in Ventrilo/ Teamspreak that you're coming.

gr. Marcovische
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

Svartberg wrote:1. More scripting always help, but sorry for the n00b question, how exactly it will help anything ?
well, some ppl have specific configs for each class. so if you wanted to load your medic config, you would set b_evt_med "exec medic.cfg". thus when spawning after you changed your class to medic, it would execute medic.cfg.

you could do something more lame, like "vsay_team IamMedic", where you new class would be announced.

the b_evt_axis and b_evt_allies would be useful in stopwatch mode, where you change team repeatedly. Unfortunately, spawnpoint scripts are complex, and need to be configured by map (already possible) and team. in a 3 round stopwatch match, thats an annoying 6 team changes.
AceAlive

Post by AceAlive »

a cvar to have only the weapon flash disappearing would be great, yes.

So that to make this disappear, you don´t have to make the gun disappear completely.

I play with weapon model sometimes and it`s easier to "shoot from the hip" for me this way, but I hate the flashing that disturbes the sight.
check out my scripting-tutorials for ET and RTCW @ www.Game-Foundation.com
Majin

Post by Majin »

I wish the cvars that moved the guns position on screen weren't cheat protected. Moving the guns down and to the right 50% leaves them visible, but not to visible. But ya cant do that without /devmap =( (to the best of my knowledge)
Sept, akimbo pistols get screwed up by this, one will be at side and one square in the middle of the screen =D
duke'ku

Re: could this be considered?

Post by duke'ku »

spacemonkeyyy wrote:well, cg_drawgun is more for FPS increasing. players can have an advantage when turning this off. but if you call this an advantage, take these commands for an example too :

cg_bobroll
cg_bobyaw
cg_bobpitch
cg_runroll
cg_runpitch ( these commands removes the shaking of your screen while moving.

r_subdivision 999 **hint** allows you to see thru 2 walls on fueldump
it isnt a cheat, because it only removes a few corners from curves and models on maps.

some commands that should be in punkbuster!
and yes, i like your idea... cg_drawgun should remove SOME things, but not everything
the bobpitch, etc cvars don't change your aim. it may seem more steady when set to 0, but your shots will land in the same spot, it's purely a visual effect. as for being able to see through certain walls with some of these cvars (i'm not telling you how, fucks), pb can always restrict it, and either way, you can't see players with them.
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

hiro wrote:one of the main issues with drawgun is the muzzle flash that obscures your view of opponents in fast moving firefights. It would be great if this could have an alpha channel that could be set like bloodflash and blooddamageblend

would help here :)
Well I don't want to sound like IM talking about OSP all the time but Finally Rhea put this in the NEW OSP for RTCW so I would think this could be an option for ET. Who knows. I just want to let you knwo it's been done. Having it in ET would be great.

I tell you it sooo wierd with Draw gun and no muzzle flash...
hiro

Post by hiro »

If there was a muzzle flash alpha I'd set it to 10% - 30% so there is still some flash but not enough to block vision completely. Like the fireteam display, I have it at 15% so I can still see what health everyone is on but it doesn't completely block out the top corner of the screen. I have a pet hate about too much shit on screen, in fact I'd love to play with draw2D 0 if I could just get the crosshair and have a tiny health and ammo counter in one corner. I haven't seen osp 9 yet so I can't comment on it.