24%
Prohibit it
48%
Announce it with a "dynamite planted" - at the tank
28%

Total votes: 25

SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

other prob: when planting at the edge of plantarea's the plant will be called, but the objective won't be destroyed. This happens quite a lot to me, especially around tank barrier 2 where there are numerous places you can have this prob. You then defend a dyno for 30 secs only to see it do nothing, where a teammate would already have planted a second if he knew it was a misplant.
dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

I've never heard a 'planted' announcement that didn't blow the barrier, however silent plants are relatively easy to do after some practice.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i have, for example if you plant too far arround the corner on goldrush (beside the tank) it will sound the alarm but not blow the barrier
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

dA*Rogue wrote:I've never heard a 'planted' announcement that didn't blow the barrier, however silent plants are relatively easy to do after some practice.
If you want to see for yourself:

-start railgun
-plant right behind the gun controls (on the narrow ledge)
-it'll say dynamite planted but controls won't be destroyed
-do this 3 times: the 3rd dyno will blow it (always), the first 2 never
-now switch to axis and repair it
-switch to allies and plant again behind it. It will blow from the first dyno

You'll see there is real weirdness going on when planting on edges :wink:
dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

i have, for example if you plant too far arround the corner on goldrush (beside the tank) it will sound the alarm but not blow the barrier
I've not seen that...I believe what you're saying, I just haven't seen it happen in any scrims/matches/pubs that I've played. Some demos would be good.

As for railgun, that's not a popular map and generally when my clan has played it we haven't been trying to do anything fancy with planting at the controls as far as I know.
RammStein

Post by RammStein »

dA*Rogue wrote:
I've not seen that...I believe what you're saying, I just haven't seen it happen in any scrims/matches/pubs that I've played. Some demos would be good.

As for railgun, that's not a popular map and generally when my clan has played it we haven't been trying to do anything fancy with planting at the controls as far as I know.
I've seen it happen as well. It happens sometimes when you plant the dyno on the stairs directly across from the axis spawn exit.