y attempt to get rid of /kill...

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ShadowWalker

y attempt to get rid of /kill...

Post by ShadowWalker »

i dont understand y all the n00bs who play on shrub want to get rid of /killing, its like AHH MY PRESCIOUS XP!

ok this is ET PRO PRO as in professional, /kill is used in comp. as a PROFESSIONAL way to stop the other team from winning.

scenario:(and this has happened to all pro players)a good example would be when in radar a panzer camps the eastdar, he gets lv.1 and rapes the game, killing any attempts to get the west ie stacking, sneaking back. if u /kill to the panzer when hes about to kill u he gets not a thing, thus lv.1 is far out of his reach. and the above statements never existed in the game. but if u say nerfed /kill to were u can do it only in the 3 secs to spawn, gfg.

sure the way u attempted to nerf it was through adding a death, ok big fucking deal i know its a death, but the sheer mentality of u trying to nerf it is just rediculous, not to mention far from Professional. Bani, i love u and worship the ground which u walk on, and not to mention i admire ur work, but this is my plee, dont nerf /killing nemore then it is.

i know people have bitched about not nerfing it and all, but this is my 2 cents.

if u really want to, nerf it in bayonet or w/e that is, but keep a fine line between pro, and pub. i dont care wtf pro pubbers have to say, since if u just stat whore, and XP whore, ur way outta what comp., and ET PRO is.
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Having it and using it are two different thing's. As mush as you say it's a competition MOD it is still used in pub's which is good. OSP caused RTCW to die due to the fact that it was not a server side MOD and Competition and Pub players were divided.

We need people to play ETPRO and see how it's better than Shurb. That might get team's into Competition and feeding to ET's life span. Giving the server Admin option to stop /kill is not a big deal.

It would not be turned on by default so if you find a server that would have it on then don't play there.

Most ETPRO server's owned by people that play in TWL/CAL wouldn't have it set
ShadowWalker

Post by ShadowWalker »

ya ok, i agree there, but if we want players to experience comp. play on a comp. mod, then y disable /kill if comp. teams use it. i guess this is what a free game is all about... by that i mean just what swink was saying, if the newbs cant handle it, then the n00bs complain.
[FF]Adam

Post by [FF]Adam »

/kill in my eyes is ok for league play, matches etc..... i.e. oasis flag spawn, capture the flag at 3 secs and the whole team kills itself at 1, thus spawning the whole team at the flag

but on the pub, it's different..........you get lamers that are in a gun fight that are obviously losing that just use /kill to get out of it.........

i think it should be an option for the server admins.......on our server, we use it, and people use it responsibly. but when someone is abusing it, like what i already explained (or to that extent, not anything specific, you get the idea)........we just ban them.........simple as that....

that's my 2 cents on the subject
www.thefunnyfarm.net

130:13:82:5:27960
tFF original 4 map
ShadowWalker

Post by ShadowWalker »

exactly, so be my guest put it on BayonET, but not in ET Pro, servers that ban for /killing should run BayonET, but like locked box for example, if they banned for /kill u wouldnt see many l33t players there...
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

I agree Adam

There are three Catagories

1.People that Don't /kill
2.People that /kill for Ammo and Health 3 to 5 second's before Spawn
3.Asshat's that /kill because they are Stat Whore's and don't want to give you the kill and the XP that you deserve.-- Mostly on Pub's

I don't care how much League people say shut up nub I think people that are option 3 are friggen P*ssies. No if and's or but's about it.

Bani's XP /kill idea would be perfect to fix this issue.

Why should a Panzer corner camp and be able to get XP on a 3 to 4 man Panzer then /kill with 15 second's left on the spawn timer and rob the other team of killing you and getting XP for it. That's lame.
Last edited by Threshold on Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShadowWalker

Post by ShadowWalker »

pussies b/c they wont take a virtual death? ok like i said put that in BayonET leave et Pro as it is. a lv.1 panzer in a league scrim/match can win the whole game, belive me, and ne attempts to prevent that are well in the rules, including /kill.
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

ShadowWalker wrote:pussies b/c they wont take a virtual death? ok like i said put that in BayonET leave et Pro as it is. a lv.1 panzer in a league scrim/match can win the whole game, belive me, and ne attempts to prevent that are well in the rules, including /kill.
Here is the bottem line.

TWL/CAL will never force you to disable /kill.

It is an option to have. If a server has it disabled then DON'T play there! Plain and simple. Putting in an option to disable it is not going to sway the leauges to use it.
r0nin

Post by r0nin »

limit panzer in leagues to lvl 0. Problem solved. no need to /kill to deny xp, no need to do anything about /kill.

Other than that I call bullshit on this thread.
kropa

Post by kropa »

Threshold wrote:OSP caused RTCW to die due to the fact that it was not a server side MOD and Competition and Pub players were divided.
Nope ,RTCW died cuz ET arrived and most of players moved to it.But believe it or not ,i never saw any whinin bout OSP on pub servers ,so i have no idea what are u talkin bout.
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

I said what I was talking about. OSP was a Client side mod. With 4k download people didn't know what it was. Getting kicked for not having it. There are allot of people that play Shrub and Bani mod and didn't know or din't want to know about OSP server's.

With the divsion less people play in league's
daemord

Post by daemord »

erm poppycop, if your a clan you had OSP, you didnt play in leagues unless you were a clan, the 2 kinda went hand in hand, and re you in turn saying ET is gonna die because ET Pro is a client download, dont talk wet, there wasnt 1/8th the number of public servers running Shrub or Bani mod as there were running OSP, simply because the majority of publics were clan servers and u needed OSP for matches, Shrub and bani mods, where as fun i admit, were mostly inidpendant servers not affiliated with a clan, and as such very small in size, and had nothing to do with the downfall of RTCW.

FYI RTCW died because there was no new turn over of clans, and with all the old ones leaving and no new ones joining it faded out, i would also add there are still leagues being played in RTCW, however they are mostly Euro/USA ones
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

well if u got a 30 sec respawn, and the timer is at 3, and u run and suddenly see like 5 enemies coming your way, i do think its kinda logic killing yourself and not just stand there, letting them kill u and wait for 30 secs...

i only use it in clan wars though, or when im running alone somewhere after a battle and dont see why i would try to get any further with 10 hp...

but i do understand why some people could use it in pubs...

i did see people before using it in a 1vs1 or even when the respawntime is on 15 secs, and thats lame indeed...
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

daemord wrote:erm poppycop, if your a clan you had OSP, you didnt play in leagues unless you were a clan, the 2 kinda went hand in hand, and re you in turn saying ET is gonna die because ET Pro is a client download, dont talk wet, there wasnt 1/8th the number of public servers running Shrub or Bani mod as there were running OSP, simply because the majority of publics were clan servers and u needed OSP for matches, Shrub and bani mods, where as fun i admit, were mostly inidpendant servers not affiliated with a clan, and as such very small in size, and had nothing to do with the downfall of RTCW.

FYI RTCW died because there was no new turn over of clans, and with all the old ones leaving and no new ones joining it faded out, i would also add there are still leagues being played in RTCW, however they are mostly Euro/USA ones

First off what I am saying is this.

RTCW=OSP which was for Leagues was not Server Side. Which when people that didn't have it tried to connect to a server would get a invalid.pk3 or a slow 10k a second DL. They would not see what OSp offered and the more serious players that it brought. With out this exposure to players there was no new players coming into the competition world.

ETPRO= Is client side program but with HTTP's redirects people can download allot faster. My point is that people keep saying it is a COMP mod and to forget /kill and other "FUN" option's. I am saying if we can bridge the gap between "Fun" and Competition it will bring new players to the league side which will ultimately prolong the life of the game.

My Original point is WHO CARES if disabling /kill is implemented. IF a server has it enabled and you don't like it DON'T play there. Most league's esp TWL will not make major changes without a vote from the community so I don't see it jeopardizing League play.