Not enough Air Support Question.

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Threshold

Not enough Air Support Question.

Post by Threshold »

Not sure if this is a concern of anyone but with Spam Restriction is there a way to make it so you can't throw a canister when there is "No Air Support Available"?

I know there is a Red Lighting Bolt under the canister but during match play it's hard to see in the heat of battle. If there is no Air support you end up throwing it and wasting a whole bar.

I know a few people use it like a nade here and there and also as a Smoke Screen but tbo it's a waste.

I know when you try to call in an Arty you get the Message "No Enough Air Support" Maybe do the same thing?

Perhaps a togable Cvar?

I am not sure it's just me or if no one else noticed it or is concerned with it.

Any Thought's or Opinion's?
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

Even though I don't play field ops regularly, this is a nice one. ;)
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff
Balthazar

Post by Balthazar »

I personally like it the way it is now, if you throw a canister the oposite team doesnt know if the air support is coming or not so it makes then hang around waiting for the support to pass thus giving you a few seconds of free time to do what you want even though its not much.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

I disagree - there's a friggin icon on your HUD, how obvious do you want it? Besides, there would be times when you WANT to throw a canister regardless of whether the bombs rain down:
- it produces smoke ( not as good as a smoke gren, but still something )
- the enemy don't know that your support is out... ;)

I'd leave it the way it is - I've run out of support before and thrown a canister anyways - it has the same effect of clearing the enemy back a few meters and allowing all your guys to reload/whatever briefly.

[edit] Sif beat me Balthazar >_<
Last edited by KingJackaL on Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Well tbh I think maybe it should be a Client side Cvar to choose then. I know I would rather not waste it and wait maybe 5 seconds.

I know what you mean it can be a deterrent but I would rather give out 4 pack's of ammo then waste a whole bar scaring/slowing down people.
KingJackaL wrote:I disagree - there's a friggin icon on your HUD, how obvious do you want it?
Obviously I want it to say "NO AIRSUPPORT AVAILABLE " while i'm trying to throw it. It's the Point of the thread.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what game your playing but when I'm caught up in firefights the last thing I'm doing is looking a little RED Lighting bolt in the bottem right corner.
Last edited by Threshold on Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOTA

Post by BOTA »

Selectable client variable so client can restrain his or her-self from throwing a cannister is a good thing.
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

BOTA wrote:Selectable client variable so client can restrain his or her-self from throwing a cannister is a good thing.
Yes making it togable would be great. Allot of option's are. You want to on all the time then do it. If not then make it so you can't throw it.
ulissesnelson

Post by ulissesnelson »

now imagine your team with 7 fields,and in dif of 4, 6 secs all droping a airstrike!
u think its fair?
Mygamesplayer ET Amin!
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

ulissesnelson wrote:now imagine your team with 7 fields,and in dif of 4, 6 secs all droping a airstrike!
u think its fair?
Sorry but who are you asking that?
Balthazar

Post by Balthazar »

well first of if Im in the middle of gun fire I sure as hell am not going to worry about dropping a canister, I will be dead regardless because it takes about 5 - 7 seconds for the air riad to start and I am sure as hell am not going to stay around top let it rain down on me so of course they are going to chase after me if I tuck tail and run....lol

I only use canisters if I run in KAMAKZEEEE....lol or if I know a dump load of enemies are in a certain area.