2 requests for demo features

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Smoke

2 requests for demo features

Post by Smoke »

1. Is it possible to make it so that we could rewind demos? Back and forth, just like in a video?

2. The option to have panzer and grenade cams are great, but I only want this on the person I was recording. The intrusion of having to watch everyone's grenade being tossed is too much.
Deus

Re: 2 requests for demo features

Post by Deus »

Smoke wrote:1. Is it possible to make it so that we could rewind demos? Back and forth, just like in a video?
No, it's impossible
Smoke wrote:2. The option to have panzer and grenade cams are great, but I only want this on the person I was recording. The intrusion of having to watch everyone's grenade being tossed is too much.
Yes, flipping to every panzer that is shot is not the best way to look demos... but don't know if it's possible
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

[pH*Deus] wrote:
Smoke wrote:1. Is it possible to make it so that we could rewind demos? Back and forth, just like in a video?
No, it's impossible
:) Thought so. Would have been great though. Sometimes there are things that I want to see over and over from different angles and speed.
Deus

Post by Deus »

maybe it is possible to record things from demos into trickjumpghosts, so you can look it on and on and on from different positions...
defragga

Post by defragga »

Whats with that idea:

A "fake-rewind", ... it should just reload the demo to the beginning, and set timescale to the max, until the timecode is reached where a person pressed "1 Minuten back / 30 Secs back / 10 Secs back ..." or something like that

maybe an idea, but hmm dunno if it's realizable.
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

Yeah, good idea. Then again, I know nothing of programming, so the hell am I to say. :lol:
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

2. The option to have panzer and grenade cams are great, but I only want this on the person I was recording. The intrusion of having to watch everyone's grenade being tossed is too much.
well u can start off using: b_demo_teamonlymissilecam 1 this will limit the cams to team only..

but maybe it would be cool if u could define what player you were watching.. (weaponcam)
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

How about bullet cam? :wink:

But something else that would be really cool, would be red trails after each bullet, just like you can in debut mode.
fretn

Post by fretn »

bullet cam: fake it with scripted cameras

about the missile cams: the latest testbugfix has a new option:

b_demo_autotimescale
b_demo_autotimescaleweapons

auto change timescale to b_demo_autotimescale in weaponcam if the weapon is set in b_demo_autotimescaleweapons (bitflag)
1 = panzer
2 = grenade
4 = dynamite
8 = mortar
16 = smoke

use a low timescale for the missilecams, and as soon as it switches to a missilecam, press your missilecam toggle button

a filter for only following your own cams might by handy, so expect it *someday*
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Smoke wrote:How about bullet cam? :wink:

But something else that would be really cool, would be red trails after each bullet, just like you can in debut mode.
or the "3." of these suggestions :):
http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=3533