RTCW legacy feature proposal...

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

RtcwPla0r

RTCW legacy feature proposal...

Post by RtcwPla0r »

Hi there, I have an idea for cool at least for me feature for etpro. Let there gonna be two dropweapon modes: new (default ET mode when you must look at weapon of your enemy) and old or rtcw (when by bind +dropweapon you are droping your weapon like in good old rtcw :) ). What you guys and bani think about that. I be really happy seeing this lil but neat feature in etpro :) . This is something gr8 for the "old" guys from rtcw scene.

Cheers!
Last edited by RtcwPla0r on Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All your base are belong to us!
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

bani has suggested this a while ago, don't know whatever happened to the idea
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Fatty

Post by Fatty »

demoman put this in his rtcwmod, and I'm hoping they will put it in the next version of etpro.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

yeah i liked dropweapon, especially when panzer, dropping the weapon is so much better than having to lean (more realistic too), and it is helpful to give a medic ur smg if u r a field ops, and they r low on ammo and u have no charge :-) (true would bugger up ur shootin for a while but that enhances the teamplay no?)
derelictwhirl

Post by derelictwhirl »

>>steven! wrote:yeah i liked dropweapon, especially when panzer, dropping the weapon is so much better than having to lean (more realistic too), and it is helpful to give a medic ur smg if u r a field ops, and they r low on ammo and u have no charge :-) (true would bugger up ur shootin for a while but that enhances the teamplay no?)
care to explain the drop thing with the panzer ?
Fatty

Post by Fatty »

from what I've heard (correct me if I'm wrong), mid-panzer shot you could +dropweapon and it would stop the shot. So instead of leaning to stop a panzer shot, you could just +dropweapon.
fretn

Post by fretn »

and dropweapon was faster to switch to pistol then pressing your pistol button
AND it showed you were leet !
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
Ragnarok|GER

Post by Ragnarok|GER »

nice idea. wouldn't influence gameplay very much and encourage teamplay.
even me (look at my signature) has no argument against it. :)
ET /= RTCW!
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

derelictwhirl wrote:
>>steven! wrote:yeah i liked dropweapon, especially when panzer, dropping the weapon is so much better than having to lean (more realistic too), and it is helpful to give a medic ur smg if u r a field ops, and they r low on ammo and u have no charge :-) (true would bugger up ur shootin for a while but that enhances the teamplay no?)
care to explain the drop thing with the panzer ?
When you were winding up with the panzer you could.

1.Drop the weapon to stop the shot and you switch right to Hand Gun.
2.Switch to any weapon to stop the shot.

I miss it. If you never played RTCW you would have no idea what we are talking about but when you play a game for 3 years and something is changed that your used it takes a while to get used to.
RtcwPla0r

Post by RtcwPla0r »

gotenks wrote:bani has suggested this a while ago, don't know whatever happened to the idea
Great, so I'm looking forward on that and i'm happy that other ppl thinks the same 8).

Cheers!
All your base are belong to us!
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

in my opinion using dropweapon to more quickly change to pistol is akin to using it to bypass the reloading sequence. the latter was patched, i would hope bani would also "patch" against the pistol exploit (and make no mistake, that's what it is). dropweapon wasnt created in order to more quickly access the pistol, therefore using it as such is exploiting that feature.

i understand it's hard to get used to changes, and people miss dropweapon, but the only real use for it is the panzer cancelling. that could be done another way, perhaps weapalt could cancel the shot? should be easy to do.

on the other hand, if people truly want to be able to drop their weapon in order to give it to a teammate, i salute that kind of selfless thinking, and would support it. just as long as there was not a single way to use that feature for your OWN benefit.
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

no as i said before the field ops when had no charge bar could drop their weapon to a teamm8 then kill next spawn :-) or carry on with his pistol.

(i suppose in ET he could pick up another gun when he found one :-) )
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

My suggestions:
1. do not beable to drop weapon to cancel panzer, if you do drop weapon after you started panzer should fire anyway and the rocket hit the ground causing explosion where you dropped it (heheheheh)
2. allow the quick switch for akimbo's... it will add an extra dimension to game play
3. it will allow you (non lt's) to give your good medics ammo, drop your gun and let them use it
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

>>steven! wrote:no as i said before the field ops when had no charge bar could drop their weapon to a teamm8 then kill next spawn :-) or carry on with his pistol.

(i suppose in ET he could pick up another gun when he found one :-) )
well in comps (the point of etpro) fdops regularly hang out with a medic and /kill to give the medic their gun. u see it most often by axis up on the walls defending the flag on oasis. in that situation, dropweapon would really be no better than /kill, since the spawn is close anyway.

i guess maybe it could be handy at times, but i seriously doubt that's the real reason people want it. thats not what dropweapon was used for in rtcw, to my knowledge. i think people simply want it back because they liked it in rtcw. well, ET is another animal than rtcw, and its quite probable that SD eliminated dropweapon for a reason.

basically i can see no legitimate reason for bringing it back. a lot of people also want simpleitems back, but nowadays nobody really NEEDS that for a performance reason - which was negligable even back then. the only legit reason i've heard for that is that ammo and health could be more easily distinguished. not really a prolblem in ET.
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
/*Demoman*/

Post by /*Demoman*/ »

Threshold wrote:
When you were winding up with the panzer you could.

1.Drop the weapon to stop the shot and you switch right to Hand Gun.
2.Switch to any weapon to stop the shot.

I miss it. If you never played RTCW you would have no idea what we are talking about but when you play a game for 3 years and something is changed that your used it takes a while to get used to.
switching to pistol mid spin up of course is patched in Et... although I got rid of the patch for my mod :D

dropweapon to stop the panzer was the best thing ever... I dont even play panzer but the ability to stop your shot by +dropweapon was a hell of a lot easier to do than the lean thing we got in ET