unable to load R-nade?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

I belive that there was topic about this, and someone said that when you are engi with riflenade, and your teammate selects rifle via Class script, then you lose your nade, maybe that is the problem ?
nepotian|spqr

http://www.spqr-clan.com

It's always better on holiday
So much better on holiday
That's why we only work when we need the money
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

iv tryed to reproduce it some times but i never suceeded sometimes it hapens sometime it doesnt :/
jsut like the tank bug i posted some time ago

its one of those random things lol
dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

I can't reproduce it...

Maybe it'd be like the tank bug, IF the tank bug only happened when you screwed with the moverscale or something. This seems to only happen to me when the limit on riflenades is used.
El_Sexy

Post by El_Sexy »

Well this happens to me just about every time I use a rifle nade. Doesn't seem to be due to any particular thing that you do, as sometimes right when I spawn the first time with the rifle nader I can't load the nade onto it. When this happens I just switch to a different weapon and then back to the rifle and it gets fixed. Other times I can't fire the rifle after shooting a rifle nade. the rifle just does the the 'knockback animation' but doesn't shoot :?. The way to fix this is to right click :x

It's very annoying :(
fretn

Post by fretn »

how it sometimes happens is not an option :(
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
Maynard

Post by Maynard »

Well the fact that it started happening RECENTLY and not in Shrubet nor vanilla, does that lead us to perhaps look into a change made in the latest ETpro release?

i swear i never a this happen before we played the Frostbite CAL week. last night on a Battery scrim our eng got killed then revived near the gun which he could have saved if his RG would have shot the other engie. But instead got taken down with an impotent RG :(

P.S Frostbite was played Sep 19th, so around that time and the prior week.
infinity

Post by infinity »

Weve just noticed it always happens on the new ETpro test versions.
take a rifle grenade, fire a few times, kill yourself and try loading another grenade. It doesnt fix after switching weapons nor after you selfkill.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

is this 3.1.6? or even newer versions?
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
grim

Post by grim »

its not fixed in 3.1.6
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

This happend to me since the cvar "set team_maxriflegrenades 3" was added to the server config. Maybe the number of rifles nades is not calculated correctly (e.g. 3=max riflle nades for both teams).
The Emperor watch over you.
duh

Post by duh »

Here is what happens: sometimes when you have fired a riflenade and you are killed simultaneously, when you are revived the rifle is still in riflenade (alternate mode) showing it has 0/4 in ammo for the weapon. You have to reload (hit alt again).

I've seen many times on pubs where there is a riflenade limit but no one else is an engineer or the other engineer has an smg instead you spawn and can't load a riflenade. Switching to another weapon like grenades (weapon bank 4) then back to the rifle you can now load a riflenade; however, from what I have seen this does not work everytime and you are forced to /kill. After a /kill it will work.
nik

Post by nik »

It happens to me alot to. Yesterday night when I was latenight-pubbing on server Efterlyst (etpro3.1.6) it was very consistant :?
I spawn as engy with RG and it works fine 2-3 nades and when I die...nothing. It wont respond when I hit alt weapon at all.

I tried fireing the rifle/reloding switched to luger/fire/reload and /kill nothing worked (not that it should cause of the reloding different weapons :roll: )

When i switched to mp-40 after a while and played with that for 2-3-minutes and then switched to RG it worked fine :shock: (that spawn at least)

This problem happend about 3-5 times and I did that procedure throughout the intire map (goldrush) and after goldrush I didnt use the RG anymore that night..

There is no animation at all when this problem accured, the altweapon function was simply dead and I was the only engy on my team (maxriflenades 1 on server i think)

I think that I have a demo of it, not that I think that it helps. (other then to show my funny dance when fireing/reloding in the air)

(my english sux) :oops:
........\o/..........
Grizbo

Post by Grizbo »

I've experienced 2 problems before, but they're very alike. One is when you can't load/unload the rifle or fire but you can fix it by switching to another weapon, or hitting that weaponbank again, and that problem has been around for a long way back, maybe even etmain, I don't know.

The OTHER problem is being unable to load a rifle nade at all, but able to fire the rifle, and that fixed itself next spawn, but for one full spawn it was impossible to use the rifle grenades.

I have demos of the latter problem, but I don't know the settings on the server about max rifle nades or anything, all I know is I was engi with rifle nades and one spawn I couldn't use them, next spawn I could again, and no about of weaponbank switching made a difference, unlike the first problem. If the demo is needed, pm me and I can upload it or email, etc.

Just clarifying that there are TWO problems/situations here, and that just changing weapons doesn't solve both of them
MeeZ?

Post by MeeZ? »

nik wrote:It happens to me alot to. Yesterday night when I was latenight-pubbing on server Efterlyst (etpro3.1.6) it was very consistant :?
I spawn as engy with RG and it works fine 2-3 nades and when I die...nothing. It wont respond when I hit alt weapon at all.

I tried fireing the rifle/reloding switched to luger/fire/reload and /kill nothing worked (not that it should cause of the reloding different weapons :roll: )

When i switched to mp-40 after a while and played with that for 2-3-minutes and then switched to RG it worked fine :shock: (that spawn at least)

This problem happend about 3-5 times and I did that procedure throughout the intire map (goldrush) and after goldrush I didnt use the RG anymore that night..

There is no animation at all when this problem accured, the altweapon function was simply dead and I was the only engy on my team (maxriflenades 1 on server i think)

I think that I have a demo of it, not that I think that it helps. (other then to show my funny dance when fireing/reloding in the air)

(my english sux) :oops:
then look for the demo and post it. i gotta start remembering to record clanmatches because it does happen like every time i play goldrush to me.
BAN PRONEDELAY \o/
nik

Post by nik »

Ok so I lost the demo of goldrush :oops: but I made a nother demo just now on radar that shows the same thing..the "alt"weapon is dead..

193.11.250.10/~esh/2004-10-13-084336-radar.dm_83

It seems like the rg-problem is reproducable on server Efterlyst.
........\o/..........