Mouserate 2ms v 8m reporting (raziel patch mx510 vs mx1000)

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

but gameworld ticks determine if a shot is a hit or not, to me that is "doing"
NO THEY DON'T

You still aren't getting the difference between server frames and client commands (edit: and client thinks on the server).

That said, I agree that if you mouse samples faster, there is some chance that your mouse input would be sent one client command earlier than it would be with a slower sample rate.

How often would this affect the outcome of combat ? I'd wager almost never, but thats just a guess.
send lawyers, guns and money
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Herf wrote:We are getting semantical here, but gameworld ticks determine if a shot is a hit or not
no, this isn't the way the engine works.
Herf wrote:There has to be some cutoff, some granularity introduced by gameworld ticks, and ones mouse input can just barely miss those ticks. Sometimes resulting in death whereas had the info made the tick, the opponent would have died.
this is not the way the engine works.

your mouserate isn't going to make you hit your opponent any sooner. i don't know how i can state it any more clearly than that.
El_Sexy

Post by El_Sexy »

Doesn't mouserate mean how often the mouse sensor sends info to your computer and not how fast?

Anyhow, from my personal experience, applying the 500 mhz patch made my mouse better. I used to do quick movements of the mouse... left to right when someone would try to flank me and many times the mouse wouldn't respond to the speed of my hand... it would just stop midway. Well after applying the 500 mhz patch it doesn't do that as easily. I have to go really fast in order for it to jerk.
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

El_Sexy wrote:500 mhz
:roll:
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

pfft, relax that sphincter or you'll get piles!
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
Herf

Post by Herf »

SCDS_reyalP wrote: You still aren't getting the difference between server frames and client commands (edit: and client thinks on the server).
Heh, your right I am sure reyalp, I am highly likely to be misusing any of this terminology. My understanding is very limited. But discussing this stuff helps me.

Anyway, thanks for the discussion : )

I will try and find some sites where this gameworld tick/engine stuff is laid out somewhat.

Thanks again Bani for your time,

H3rf
El_Sexy

Post by El_Sexy »

Sauron|EFG wrote:
El_Sexy wrote:500 mhz
:roll:
Lol... v53! :lol:
Herf

Post by Herf »

Well, I got the mx1000 sitting on desk and recharging now.....
kekkyoku

Post by kekkyoku »

Herf wrote:Well, I got the mx1000 sitting on desk and recharging now.....
lol, GL with that