Etpro + new nvidia drivers = +3-6 FPS

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

AGnoobler wrote:
>>steven! wrote:i think its more to exploit the fps dependancy on jumping.
Ever heard of "/pmove_fixed 1" ? If the server allows it you can jump like as if you were using the exploits.
ever heard of punkbuster?

uk cvars limit pmove to 0 afaik
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
Deus

Post by Deus »

pmove_fixed shall give all players the equal ability to jump, so y t3h fo0k shall it be forced to 0 ?
nihilist

Post by nihilist »

[pH*Deus] wrote:pmove_fixed shall give all players the equal ability to jump, so y t3h fo0k shall it be forced to 0 ?
pmove_fixed has issues.

Besides doesn't b_fixedphysics fps do the same thing but better?
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

From what I understood, the option to have pmove_fixed on or off fell to the client (depending upon PB of course), but the pmove_msec value was set serverside and determined the relative FPS to be used for calculations. It borks the sniper pretty bad and it caused about a 5% drop in accuracy and up to 50% less headshots in tests a bunch of people here did with it. b_fixedphysics 1 and b_fixedphysicsfps 125 should give the direct equivalent as pmove_fixed 1 with pmove_msec 8 (1000 / pmove_msec = FPS I believe). I've been able to jump fine with a fixedphysicsfps of 125 and 333, didn't make anything noticably harder.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

According to rain, what happens with sniping and pmove_fixed is that the recoil ends up happening before the shot. So you need to aim real low.

Far better to used b_fixedphysics on the server (which, also according to rain, disables pmove_fixed completely)
send lawyers, guns and money
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

it saddens me that leagues aren't using fixedphysics at 125 fps. why in the name of Christ would you NOT use such a brilliant feature that has no apparent downside, but puts all players on a level field?

basically, and admin who DOESN'T run fixed at 125 is hereby declared to be a drooling buffoon.

so sayeth me.
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
AGnoobler

mmm

Post by AGnoobler »

So many of you here are talking about b_fixedphysicsfps 125 but this is server side if i am not mistaking?

I play "client side" :P, and most servers i am not do not use b_fixedphysicsfps 125 so i am stuck with pmove_fixed 1. I dont snipe so this var still gives me a great fealing while playing. O well, i hope all servers will be forced to use b_fixedphysicsfps 125 when the new et goes public.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

it should be hard-coded into etpro, imo. we all know there are benefits from running at certain fps. we all know not everyone can do so. the etpro team created a solution so that everyone is in effect "getting 125 fps" whether they are or not.

assuming there is no bug or downside or exploit, this is a no-brainer - lock it on just like sv_fps 20 and enjoy the even more equalized playing field (which is what we all want, RIGHT?)

this is basically just like antilag - a solution for players with lesser equipment. antilag was a no-brainer, so should "anti-crappy-fps" be (i realize they will still have crappy fps, but at least they will get the movement benefits).
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

ouroboro wrote:it saddens me that leagues aren't using fixedphysics at 125 fps.
Both Clanbase and Warleagues are.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

ourobiri is american, so he wont be in those leagues; more than likely ;)
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

>>steven! wrote:ourobiri is american, so he wont be in those leagues; more than likely ;)
I know, I just wanted to rub the superiour European rules in his face. ;)

However, I just checked TWL and they also use b_fixedphysics (not in the ladders but in the league). I would guess it's just a matter of time before all major leagues use it. :)
DG

Post by DG »

i left b_fixedphysics / b_fixedphysicsfps 125 disabled because it was far from being standard on publics, and most people would just think something was fubar or dodgy on the server.

I'd like so see a fair few things hardcoded, things which are essentially no-brainer positives that can affect how you play and have been widely adopted in leagues, e.g. antiwarp and fixedphysics.