Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

skillzilla

request autoexec_class_weapon.cfg

Post by skillzilla »

something like autoexec_soldier_panzerfaust.cfg or autoexec_covertops_sten.cfg
Roeligan

Post by Roeligan »

I dont's get it... you can set your default class (with weapon) in your autoexec.cfg (or any other .cfg for that matter) autoexec get's executed ALWAYS... so if you would have those 2 .cfg's only the last one executed will be loaded (all other vars processed in prev. autoexec's will be overwritten)

Or am i misunderstanding your question?
[eLiTe]Warriors the online gaming community.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

well we already have autoexec_class.cfg, he want's to be able to further fine-tune it. so for example he could not draw the gun when he's an MG, but draw it when he has the flamer.

i see no reason against it, i used to use a custom scipt that allowed for this, but now i've just fallen back to the etpro class files. i can imagine this coming in a future release, though.
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Imo, the ultimate solution to all of this would be the ability to use if structures in your config file, much like in Far Cry and other newer engines. However I have to say that the potential differences you could want dependent upon not only your class but your individual weapon are pretty limited, and could probably be thrown into a vstr quite easily.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

that would rule, but it would have to be HEAVILY tested before release, to avoid stuff like "if my health is low, /kill", thus avoiding "death" entirely
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

if ((Health < 10) && (ReinforcementTime < 5)) then kill

Not that I've thought about it... ;)

I don't really know if it can be done but one can dream, I'd sure love to be able to write long, complex, obtuse and incomprehensible if structures.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

the day i saw a script like that and came here to whine, if i got ANY response other than an outpouring of agreement that it should be gimped, i'd /uninstall the moment i closed my browser.

that would be unbearably lame.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

I think using those scripts would be awesome, on public servers at least. I'd knife people in the back on 4 seconds so they kept /killing unintentionally. Same deal if someone ever made a panzerfaust proximity script, just fire one near them on 29 and laugh as they /kill to their frustration ^_^
snowtrooper

Re: request autoexec_class_weapon.cfg

Post by snowtrooper »

skillzilla wrote:something like autoexec_soldier_panzerfaust.cfg or autoexec_covertops_sten.cfg

also autoexec_mapname_axis, _allied would be cool. Good to put spawntimer and specific spawn locations for each side, and without using a key. (I always forget to switch each 1/2 round.

I know this is starting to go overboard but i really like the autoexecs.
Ragnar_40k

Re: request autoexec_class_weapon.cfg

Post by Ragnar_40k »

snowtrooper wrote:
skillzilla wrote:something like autoexec_soldier_panzerfaust.cfg or autoexec_covertops_sten.cfg

also autoexec_mapname_axis, _allied would be cool. Good to put spawntimer and specific spawn locations for each side, and without using a key. (I always forget to switch each 1/2 round.

I know this is starting to go overboard but i really like the autoexecs.
I have this in my config:
autoexec.cfg:

Code: Select all

bind s "vstr spawnpt_toggle"
autoexec_axis.cfg:

set spawn_toggle   "vstr spawn_red"
resp. autoexec_allies.cfg:

set spawn_toggle   "vstr spawn_blue"
and then finally in the map specific config (e.g. for Radar):

set spawn_blue_0 "set spawn_blue vstr spawn_blue_1; setspawnpt 0; echo ^3>>^1S^3pawn ^1D^3efault<<^7"
set spawn_blue_1 "set spawn_blue vstr spawn_blue_0; setspawnpt 5; echo ^3>>^1S^3pawn close to ^1C^3ommand ^1P^3ost<<^7"
set spawn_blue "vstr spawn_blue_1"

set spawn_red_0 "set spawn_red vstr spawn_red_1; setspawnpt 0; echo ^3>>^1S^3pawn ^1D^3efault<<^7"
set spawn_red_1 "set spawn_red vstr spawn_red_0; setspawnpt 4; echo ^3>>^1S^3pawn close to ^1F^3orward ^1H^3ut<<^7"
set spawn_red "vstr spawn_red_1"

echo "^3>>^1A^3utoexec ^1R^3adar ^1L^3oaded<<^7"
resp. for Battery

set spawn_0 "set spawn_toggle vstr spawn_1; setspawnpt 0; echo ^3>>^1S^3pawn ^1D^3efault<<^7"
set spawn_1 "set spawn_toggle vstr spawn_2; setspawnpt 4; echo ^3>>^1S^3pawn close to ^1C^3ommand ^1P^3ost<<^7"
set spawn_2 "set spawn_toggle vstr spawn_0; setspawnpt 5; echo ^3>>^1S^3pawn close to ^1F^3lag<<^7"

set spawn_blue "vstr spawn_1"
set spawn_red  "vstr spawn_1"

echo "^3>>^1A^3utoexec ^1B^3attery ^1L^3oaded<<^7"
So there should be no need for extra autoexec_mapname_side.cfg.
The Emperor watch over you.
dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

I support the proposal of the thread creator.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

i would rather see a var or autoexec_ that would be triggered each time u are killed / tapped out.. this would help resetting any custom scripts..that were in use, the moment u got killed..
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

i think most of us already use class selection scripts, so all everyone needs to do is add

; exec my_custom_soldier_with_panzer_file.cfg

to the end of each class selection and you have in effect done this for yourself. i fail to see how it would be more convenient if bani did it for us.
skillzilla

Post by skillzilla »

ouroboro wrote:i think most of us already use class selection scripts, so all everyone needs to do is add

; exec my_custom_soldier_with_panzer_file.cfg

to the end of each class selection and you have in effect done this for yourself. i fail to see how it would be more convenient if bani did it for us.
yes but that way seting are loaded before the class changes
and it would be fine if etpro would exec autoexec_soldier when i switch from mortar to panze but it only works when i switch classes
MeeZ?

Post by MeeZ? »

EagleReloaded wrote:Imo, the ultimate solution to all of this would be the ability to use if structures in your config file, much like in Far Cry and other newer engines. However I have to say that the potential differences you could want dependent upon not only your class but your individual weapon are pretty limited, and could probably be thrown into a vstr quite easily.
or, like 8 year old engines such as quakeworld...

you scripters have got it easy... check this out

http://strife.webhop.net/eq240.cfg

scroll down all the way to the bottom... yup, its a script, and that isnt even advanced as some of the stuff ive seen and coded.
BAN PRONEDELAY \o/