Feature request: Teamswitch limitation

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

McSteve

Feature request: Teamswitch limitation

Post by McSteve »

During a match, players sometimes accidentally change teams by pressing the wrong keybind (/me is guilty of that one). However, sometimes I suspect that it is not done accidentally and an opposing player will swap teams deliberately to gain information (spawn times, opponent positions etc) and subsequently claim that the switch was accidental.

This can be prevented obviously by remembering to lock teams at the start of the round, however this is often not done due to the inconvenience it can cause when a sub is needed, or for when players lag out, reconnect and rejoin.

I thought that a way to curb this would be to disallow teamswitches that go directly from axis->allies or vice-versa during the round (warmup doesnt need to be included). If a team could only be joined from spectator, it would make 'accidental' spying a lot less likely.

Thanks for reading :)
GhosT:McSteve
Ghostworks Gaming Community
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

That is already the case?

I know there are times when I cant go Allies -> Axis without going through spec. But I dont know what cvar changes this. I'm quite sure its there.

edit: g_noTeamSwitching 1
McSteve

Post by McSteve »

oh dear...

/me blushes in shame at my n00b cvar knowledge
RaistlinRTCW

Post by RaistlinRTCW »

Mmm looking at some of the CB configs, seems strange that they don't enforce this
=ARC= Clan server ET 213.200.95.39:27982
Ansalon ET 195.149.21.116:27960
McSteve

Post by McSteve »

Idd, the command is in there but it is set to 0. I'm sure they have a good reason for it, maybe someone knows.
RaistlinRTCW

Post by RaistlinRTCW »

should suggest it for the pbbans configs as well :-)
=ARC= Clan server ET 213.200.95.39:27982
Ansalon ET 195.149.21.116:27960
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

Wouldn't team_maxplayers prevent this as well, assuming different configs for 6v6 and 3v3?
arni

Post by arni »

1. If your scripts dont know which team you're currently in - noob script. Use the autoexec files properly and any script can know which team you're in.

2. /lock
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

hmm, another similar request:
i would see the cmd which will prevent from going to spec in match to reset stats (or maybe to limit the times of going to spec) ...I noticed it on public very often and its spoiling the game, if u know the solution pls contact me...
wolFTeam.pl
McSteve

Post by McSteve »

Since that's for a public server, you could do it with lua. You could set up a wait time for people who leave a team and go spec, make them have to wait 1 min before they can rejoin or something.