Dear Bani

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

daemord ur aim probably is dropping as new releases come out because u r playing et less than u first did when et main came out???

u will also probably find, more ppl r playing et on a regular basis, so learn to move around more when shooting.

go onto a server like telenet, and u will do well to keep an accuracy of 30%, but in nub servers u will be dissapointed not to have an accuracy about 45%
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
bacon

Post by bacon »

daemord ur aim probably is dropping as new releases come out because u r playing et less than u first did when et main came out???
Erm, no. It's actually caused by the hitboxes. Maybe if you read the post you'd understand it.
u will also probably find, more ppl r playing et on a regular basis, so learn to move around more when shooting.
Yes because everybody who has a high accuracy stands still :roll:
go onto a server like telenet, and u will do well to keep an accuracy of 30%, but in nub servers u will be dissapointed not to have an accuracy about 45%
The server has nothing to do with accuracy (assuming the server's running etpro)...
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

ur a fool simple as

1) ur accuracy is going to be better on nub servers because nubs stand still when they shoot.

2) ur accuracy therefore will be less on higher skilled servers because higher skilled players try to make it hard for ppl to hit them by moving round (left right strafing, crouching, standing, proning, etc)

3) i was saying with more high skilled players that move around this is the reason his accuracy is dropped, i did not say ppl who stand still have high accuracy, try reading the post

4) the hitboxes r just as bad from etmain as in present et pro release, so that is no excuse why it would have gone downhill, as no1 no matter what they says thinks they will aim slightly off the model to get a hit, everyone trys to aim at the model
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
bacon

Post by bacon »

>>steven! wrote:ur a fool simple as

1) ur accuracy is going to be better on nub servers because nubs stand still when they shoot.

2) ur accuracy therefore will be less on higher skilled servers because higher skilled players try to make it hard for ppl to hit them by moving round (left right strafing, crouching, standing, proning, etc)

3) i was saying with more high skilled players that move around this is the reason his accuracy is dropped, i did not say ppl who stand still have high accuracy, try reading the post

4) the hitboxes r just as bad from etmain as in present et pro release, so that is no excuse why it would have gone downhill, as no1 no matter what they says thinks they will aim slightly off the model to get a hit, everyone trys to aim at the model
1) So you're telling me there's servers out there with only n00bs who stand still when you they shoot? Servers that never have skilled players? If they never get skilled players, then
2) Yeah because, you know, it's impossible to hit a moving target...
3) See #2.
4) The hitboxes change and players are used to the old hitboxes. That means that players have to re-adjust their aiming, reducing their accuracy for a while. It's funny that you say everyone trys [you mean tries?] to aim at the model. Do you know that for a fact? Have you ever heard of leading? Your statement is highly ignorant.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

when did i say it is impossible to aim at high skilled players who move?

i said u will struggle to keep above 30% accuracy, that does not = impossible
obviously i aint "pro" aiming at the model to get my kills, i think ur going to be in for a big surprise when the new et pro release comes out with the fixed hitboxes. ( i was saying ppl do not fire for the hitboxes in games, they fire at the model, whether it is the body or head, they do not think o i remember the hitbox is 2 ft above the head i will shoot there instead, ownage

and yes there r servers out there full of ppl who have just started playing the game, and they do all stand still when shooting, or only move forwards and backwards. they do not strafe
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
daemord

Post by daemord »

>>steven! wrote:daemord ur aim probably is dropping as new releases come out because u r playing et less than u first did when et main came out???

im gonna assume by this thread and the other thread, that the english language is a little complicated for you to understand.
My comments were based on the fact my aim dropped with each new et-pro release, nothing to do with me playing less (fyi i now play more) or others playing, my aim is the same now as it was when et was releaced, after the new ET it will no doubt drop (new hit box or placebo effect who is to say) and then it will get back to normal, that was the intent of the thread, please learn to read before commenting.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

plz learn to shoot before commenting on changes of aim
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
Radea

Post by Radea »

bani stop turning et into rtcw!!!

In all seriousness, I'm for all the proposed changes (Today I even spent 10 on a new mapscript to get rid of the old city flag/wall so allies spawn there from the beginning) - and they deffinatly are needed to prevent the game from becoming stale.
bacon

Post by bacon »

Radea wrote:bani stop turning et into rtcw!!!
OH NOES!!!!!!!!! HE BORKED BANI'S LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!
daemord

Post by daemord »

>>steven! wrote:plz learn to shoot before commenting on changes of aim
plz stop making stupid assumptions before posting
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

plz keep the discussion civil.

a ban is just a mouseclick away.
187rich

Post by 187rich »

Looking forward to playing on the new et pro, any servers that have it running? Hey Bani good job btw, Imagine if there wasnt an Et pro, et wouldnt be as good as it is. It would of died down. I dont quite understand this Full hold non-sence plz explain?