ETPro hitboxes, lag or prone?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Nail

Post by Nail »

UNiXPunK wrote:the box said: u need windows 2000 or better ... so i installed linux

now THATS funny
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
jinx

Post by jinx »

The prone delay is already in ETPro, nobody uses (forces) it though. I would much rather see shooting while prone disabled all-together. Force MG's to stand too :>
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

b_pronedelay?

I don't have a problem with people shooting lying down, I have a problem with people diving to the ground and headshotting me on the way - that's a tad hard to do.

F1 for standing MG.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't prone delay simply stop you from moving for a while after you prone/stand? i don't believe it would solve the particular problem in this thread. you can still fire while going through the proning/standing motion with prone delay on, as long as you aren't walking at the same time.
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
jinx

Post by jinx »

I believe you might be mistaken. From what I have experienced (a couple times with prone delay on) is that when you strike your prone button, you are all but frozen, no firing, no moving, you are dedicated to prone and suck until you are down. A simulated 'lay-down' without an animation.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

jinx wrote:I believe you might be mistaken. From what I have experienced (a couple times with prone delay on) is that when you strike your prone button, you are all but frozen, no firing, no moving, you are dedicated to prone and suck until you are down. A simulated 'lay-down' without an animation.
Close... You CAN fire. You just can't START firing.

So if you were already firing, your gun keeps firing. If not, it stays dormant (during the pronedelay).
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

i see. well then, pronedelay wound't solve this problem. the problem is two ppl are d00ling and presumeably firing, one prones causing the other to miss a shot that should have landed, while the proners shots all still register. effectively letting him take another bullet's worth of damage more than his opponent.

hmm, sounds like a medic.

remove prone. cap max health to 100 for everyone. problem solved
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Bleh, if there is a bug in prone, wouldn't fixing the bug be the logical solution ? Rather than removing prone or introducing shitty kludges like pronedelay ?
send lawyers, guns and money
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Jinx already said the right solution imo:

Prevent the proner shooting while going prone. This way the animation is hittable before the prone and after the prone, and the proner cant fire in between. The moment he goes prone till he lays down is in the advatange where he can be shot.

Prone is part of the game, shouldnt remove it imo.. just tweak it!