make changing cl_maxpackets in game slower or impossible?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Nail

Post by Nail »

those must be the guys with 4000 rate and -20 nudge that I used to see all the time
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

Someone from Australia (Hi angelus!) sugested making it require a vid_restart (or since thats illogical, a net_restart - including an additional delay)

If it turns out to be a problem, that could be a solution.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Dersaidin wrote:Someone from Australia (Hi angelus!) sugested making it require a vid_restart (or since thats illogical, a net_restart - including an additional delay)

If it turns out to be a problem, that could be a solution.
There is already a solution... make behave like rate and cl_timenudge already do. You set it, and some number of seconds later, the change takes effect, with a message to that effect in the console.

What's missing is any evidence that changing cl_maxpackets is a problem. Still waiting :wink:
send lawyers, guns and money
The Necromancer

Post by The Necromancer »

well i doubt it will be by maxpackets
anyway , I tried etpro ( and etpub ) antiwarp on LAN
by setting fps on max 5 and running around mainly etpro antiwarp made player very smooth ( smoother than not laggy players, want to antiwarp all players :P , on etpub setting maxwarp on 1 did similar effect, but etpro seems to be a bit smoother ;)) well you can see on all mods still running animation but that isn't problem
So i guess that if it handles players sending 5 packets/s it shouldn't have any problems handling any maxpacket setting
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!