Prone proprosal

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

The body hitbox in ETpro is the shorter. You only get the head in the ground like that by looking down, so in practice, the head isn't that far off in firefights. If that player were aiming at you, the headbox would be on or slightly above the floor.

If you shoot through the body into the head, you should still get a headshot. In both ET and RTCW, you can be standing directly below a player, shoot upward, and get an HS. Note that most of the time, the standing players headbox is completely inside the body box.
send lawyers, guns and money
PotFarmer

Post by PotFarmer »

Please remember that ETPro is the major pub mod now, and make your "new" old sniper off by default. If you clannies want a particular weapon in your private, passworded servers, fine. Just don't force it on the rest of us. Never forget your obligations to the true ET community: the weekend pubbers.
kekkyoku

Post by kekkyoku »

PotFarmer wrote:Please remember that ETPro is the major pub mod now, and make your "new" old sniper off by default. If you clannies want a particular weapon in your private, passworded servers, fine. Just don't force it on the rest of us. Never forget your obligations to the true ET community: the weekend pubbers.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

kekkyoku wrote:
PotFarmer wrote:Please remember that ETPro is the major pub mod now, and make your "new" old sniper off by default. If you clannies want a particular weapon in your private, passworded servers, fine. Just don't force it on the rest of us. Never forget your obligations to the true ET community: the weekend pubbers.
i prefer the non-macro version

Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

bani wrote:nerf prone huh?

@newdeal, @kekkyoku, @bedrock: if i do this then i had better never ever hear any of you whining about damage based xp or overtime plants or killnerfing. or the prone nerfing instantly comes right back out 8)

how about a 2 second no-firing delay when you transition in or out of prone. that would pretty much eliminate proning in the middle of close-up-firefights.
Hehe, I really don't care for the /kill nerf with damage based xp. Both ways work for me.

However I did like the idea of overtime plants... I think it might be a good thing to try, change is almost always good.. but with testing of course. :D
Herf

Sniper and prone

Post by Herf »

Man, leave prone the way it is. I utterly fail to see how its an exploit, or even really effective that often. A few whiners shouldnt remove a feature of the game thats always been there.

Sniper, please no. If I wanted to be sniped, I would go play COD, which sits in its box on the floor for just that reason.

Its still just stuns me how people cant deal with prone. Amazing. So some really "good shots" are just getting "unfairly" owned by proners, I dont buy that, and hell, it makes me wonder if these guys are screwing with thier mx500 x y sensivities........ Cant aim down fast enough???? But can turn left and right fast enuf to track??? m_pitch -0.01501 even with that.... No way can you track left and right and not be able to move a what, 30-45 degree arc at most rapidly..... I just dont buy it, what I do see specing some people, is remarkably steady verticle consistency, I am sure some I hope most of its skill, but I am sure peeps are changing thier mouse registry settings.

Theres a real issue there...... We should get rid of the m_pitch limitation, cause anyone with a logitech mouse can make thier m_pitch whatever they want anyway.
kekkyoku

Re: Sniper and prone

Post by kekkyoku »

Herf wrote:Man, leave prone the way it is. I utterly fail to see how its an exploit, or even really effective that often. A few whiners shouldnt remove a feature of the game thats always been there.

Sniper, please no. If I wanted to be sniped, I would go play COD, which sits in its box on the floor for just that reason.

Its still just stuns me how people cant deal with prone. Amazing. So some really "good shots" are just getting "unfairly" owned by proners, I dont buy that, and hell, it makes me wonder if these guys are screwing with thier mx500 x y sensivities........ Cant aim down fast enough???? But can turn left and right fast enuf to track??? m_pitch -0.01501 even with that.... No way can you track left and right and not be able to move a what, 30-45 degree arc at most rapidly..... I just dont buy it, what I do see specing some people, is remarkably steady verticle consistency, I am sure some I hope most of its skill, but I am sure peeps are changing thier mouse registry settings.

Theres a real issue there...... We should get rid of the m_pitch limitation, cause anyone with a logitech mouse can make thier m_pitch whatever they want anyway.
fun fact: if it were up to herf we'd be playing 7v7 vanilla ETMain where you can /kill for charge and have 4 panzers. [herf] I like ET! :roll:
dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

ETpro already changed the prone hitboxes to fix a bug, however in doing so they created a possibility of exploiting the rapid changing of hitboxes, i'm strongly in favour of slowing the process down, from standing, to crouch, to prone, over a couple of seconds.
Something like that would be nice...
RivrStyx

Post by RivrStyx »

Didn't read all this and posted about a 2 sec or so delay in firing when going prone in another thread. That would work i think to stop it in duels but allow it to still be used the way it was intended. Should still be able to fire right away when standing back up though to stop those sneaking up on you to knife your ass. Proning is way outa hand in duels.
Herf

Re: Sniper and prone

Post by Herf »

"fun fact: if it were up to herf we'd be playing 7v7 vanilla ETMain where you can /kill for charge and have 4 panzers."

Heheh, you overstate the case quite a wee bit, we would be playing 7v7 ETpro as it existed during matches. There were no 4 panzers, nor killing for charge, and we never played ETmain always ETpro : P