/kill nerfing

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

holocaust

Post by holocaust »

The only thing "out of your scope" is all the people who have not had the time, knowledge of the events, or savvy to follow up on every move made on the mod that they are stuck playing on.
dude why don’t you make your own mod, then you can stop whining like little school girl, are you paying bani to for the mod?

I would think it would be easier to come here and get your info rather than trying to post in many different places, unless you are paying bani
then you can get that service.
fuego

Post by fuego »

would it be possible that this new alteration not affect someone that is /killing for spawn. I like the new changes although it would be better if these new settings didn't effect you within 5 seconds to spawn. As I often /kill for respawn.
eclipse+

Post by eclipse+ »

hmm Holocaust, first thing, I have a migrane trying to read your post.

Secondly, we don't have the choice to "make" our own mod to play on competitly. Even if I could make my own et mod, do you really think that TWL/CAL/STA would stop everything, start up a new season, and play mine?
then you can stop whining like little school girl
We, competitive league players, would not be whining if you and the rest of the pubbers were not whining about /kill. Oh nos! he /killed omg hax my xp! wah!!!! :cry: :cry:
are you paying bani to for the mod?
Yes, yes i am. What an intellegent remark. I'm sending him via PayPal for this mod, all by myself. Yeah, gg
I would think it would be easier to come here and get your info rather than trying to post in many different places, unless you are paying bani
then you can get that service.
... english?
::Amish World Order::#awo @gamesurge.net::http://www.amishworldorder.org
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

keybroken wrote:
bani wrote:i guess keybroken missed my posts to TWL, and my discussions on IRC in twl and cal and sta channels, my teamspeak discussions with STA, etc.. i guess TWL/cal/sta is outside his scope...
Your posts in other forums just link back to....here. Please provide specific examples of where instead of saying "etc" so that everyone can learn how and where you announce these discussions so that we may all have a chance to participate.
the posts in other forums link back to... here because...

the other forums dont allow vote threads...!

phpbb might not be the best forum system, but most of the other forums use *really* limited systems.

i announce these discussions in these forums, but i post links in other forums pointing back to here, so that people like you wont claim they are caught off guard by proposed changes.

i also do post replies in those remote forums and threads.

but if you cant be bothered to read those forums either, i guess there's no hope. i really have to wonder what league you are participating in, or what forums you read -- if any.
keybroken wrote:The only thing "out of your scope" is all the people who have not had the time, knowledge of the events, or savvy to follow up on every move made on the mod that they are stuck playing on. I guess that's their fault, or their league's fault. The mod writer couldn't make better efforts to keep his target audience informed, nor provide a better venue from which he could draw on their thoughts and feelings, right? After all, it's your mod, not theirs. You can throw a party for it, and invite who's listening, but that's not everyone who'd celebrate if they knew about it.

If you're putting forth such a concerted effort to address the people who your changes effect the most then why is there droves of people who don't know about these things until after they go into effect?
because you're not paying attention? you're whining as if the changes are some sort of secret military stealth bomber missions. a bit odd that everyone except you manages to notice though.

perhaps you can name a feature in etpro 2.0.7 which was forced upon a league without their consent, or a feature which was sprung by suprise on a league without their knowing about it?

i am curious what you think would be a "better" venue for etpro discussion than oh, forums hosted on the home page of the etpro mod itself?
TosspoT

Post by TosspoT »

Bani, would it be possible to put an enable feature for this, so for clanwars it can be disabled? as this is a very public orietated feature, although it may be interesting for publics, it would ruin clanwars, the loss of the charge bar when /kill was perfect, anything more wud ruin clanwars
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

TosspoT wrote:Bani, would it be possible to put an enable feature for this, so for clanwars it can be disabled? as this is a very public orietated feature, although it may be interesting for publics, it would ruin clanwars, the loss of the charge bar when /kill was perfect, anything more wud ruin clanwars
i realize this topic is dead (why everyone insists on beating the dead horse... i don't know), but i couldn't help but to notice that you never said anything about why this would "ruin" a clan match. please explain
"Common sense isn't very common."
fuego

Post by fuego »

fuego wrote:would it be possible that this new alteration not affect someone that is /killing for spawn. I like the new changes although it would be better if these new settings didn't effect you within 5 seconds to spawn. As I often /kill for respawn.
Bani can you give me an answer on this please? Just need to know wether this could be a possibility?
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

i like how many of the replies in this thread are nothing but personal attacks
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

fuego wrote:
fuego wrote:would it be possible that this new alteration not affect someone that is /killing for spawn. I like the new changes although it would be better if these new settings didn't effect you within 5 seconds to spawn. As I often /kill for respawn.
Bani can you give me an answer on this please? Just need to know wether this could be a possibility?
he said this rule does not apply 3 seconds before spawn time... even though he is not going to use this system anymore, but not like "that" is important
fuego

Post by fuego »

Kamel wrote:
fuego wrote:
he said this rule does not apply 3 seconds before spawn time... even though he is not going to use this system anymore, but not like "that" is important
To me I find it of great importance, as you maybe running off from open fire and you have no ammo or as a field op have no health, and you kill whilst being shot at and there is only 3 secs or 5 left on the respawn timer. Anyways thanks for responding.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

wether it is important or not is completely irrelivent... this idea has been scratched, and he has moved on to the idea of damage based xp. had you read the replies instead of blindly posting, you would have known.
Chairman Kaga

Post by Chairman Kaga »

keybroken wrote:Your posts in other forums just link back to....here.
omg he makes me go to his forum to discuss things about his mod dear god noooooooo
keybroken wrote:If you're putting forth such a concerted effort to address the people who your changes effect the most then why is there droves of people who don't know about these things until after they go into effect?
Because they don't bother reading these forums? The ones dedicated to ETPro?

I really fail to see wtf your problem is. If these "concerned players" are too lazy to come here, they can't be too concerned, yes?
Steve (aka Chairman Kaga)
Proud member of Major League Killers
=MLK= International House of Panzer: 64.185.229.60:27960
fuego

Post by fuego »

Kamel wrote:wether it is important or not is completely irrelivent... this idea has been scratched, and he has moved on to the idea of damage based xp. had you read the replies instead of blindly posting, you would have known.
Oh ok, how very cordial of you thank you very much kind sir. Unfortunately I don't have as much time on my hands as thyself to read every single reply on here, as there seemed to be a fair bit of jargon, so I just thought that maybe by asking the question I would get an answer and an answer I got.

Have a good day.
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

keybroken wrote:If you're putting forth such a concerted effort to address the people who your changes effect the most then why is there droves of people who don't know about these things until after they go into effect?
In my humble opinion most people don't care enough to make the effort to find out. These forums are pimped everywhere, but the only people who tend to post here are people who, like yourself, care enough about ET to take part in the debate.

Most people are quite happy to let someone else do the thinking, and the hard work, safe in the knowledge they can always whine and moan about it afterwards if they don't like it.

I don't agree with everything Bani comes out with. The /kill proposal was only ever going to address stat-whoring on pubs anyway, and had no place in competition, and Bani has now dropped it. But the fact this game has talented and willing developers to make mods for it (and God knows ET needs it as it was only really designed for pubs) is something we should all be thankful for. To criticise Bani for not, in your opinion, going the extra mile to personally make everyone in the World aware of what he's doing is rather ungracious of you.
fuego

Post by fuego »

Well said Kendle.