How should I relate to the new hitboxes?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

yeah; revive someone w/ two bullets in their brain and have them run around like they're in their prime...that makes sense.
Gameplay > 'realism'

Being able to 'revive' someone with a little needle doesn't make 'sense' either, like lots of things in the game.
Nogen

Post by Nogen »

I'll tell you what I don't get...

How come if you line up all the blocks in a row in tetris they disappear? Thats sooooo unrealistic. The blocks should just stay there. That would be more realistic I think. Can you imagine if you were trying to build a wall and every time you made a full row all your bricks vanished into a parallel dimension. Your building company would go bust. The only way you could complete the building would be to build it full of holes...but then who is going to hire you....and if you build your "holey" building too tall you will lose!
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

Svartberg wrote:from what i understood the new hitboxes are being calculated serverside, does that mean if you have high ping you need to shoot *ahead* of the enemy ?? and the higher you go the farther away you need to aim (preaim), so much for shooting invisible places :(
The hitboxes were always calculated serverside, this was the reason why they didn't fit the model animation. The new hitboxes are just more accurate and you don't need to "preaim" as long as you use antilag.