ET Pro logo contest

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

HarryHirsch

ET Pro logo contest

Post by HarryHirsch »

as bani didnt answer me i think he doesnt like it

but i do ;)

how about making a nice logo/banner for etpro?

most of the other mods have

anyone skilled interested ?

BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bani should choose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

harry
KingJackaL

Re: ET Pro logo contest

Post by KingJackaL »

HarryHirsch wrote:BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your post isn't very clear - who should choose which one to use? :P

...maybe bani had a traumatic event in his childhood involving a banner pic for a mod? :twisted:

Still, I don't think ET Pro will benifit much from big advertising/banner adds/logo's and flashy pictures - it's a competition mod and as such has a very small, very specific target audience. One which, as far as I can see, it's reaching the way it is.

...OK, I'll shuddup now ;)
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

KingJackaL wrote:
HarryHirsch wrote:BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your post isn't very clear - who should choose which one to use? :P

...maybe bani had a traumatic event in his childhood involving a banner pic for a mod? :twisted:

Still, I don't think ET Pro will benifit much from big advertising/banner adds/logo's and flashy pictures - it's a competition mod and as such has a very small, very specific target audience. One which, as far as I can see, it's reaching the way it is.

...OK, I'll shuddup now ;)
small? last time i checked it was the #12 mod online.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

duke'ku wrote:small? last time i checked it was the #12 mod online.
I say small, because looking at NZ servers, there seems to be roughly 50-70% etmain servers, with most of the rest being shrub. ETPro is mainly used on competition servers, not pubs - because a lot of admins don't like the idea of people having to download the 1MB client-side file.

( yeah, I KNOW ET is over 250MB as it is - but YOU try telling them :P )

Quick example. ATM there are 15 Wolf:ET servers in NZ.
ETmain: 10
Shrub: 5
ETPro: 0

[edit] Now you mention it, that may just be an NZ thing. I've set up most of those servers ( 1 more of the ETmain servers will be swapping over to Shrub in the next few weeks, 1 to ETPro, and a new ETPro server will start up for MGL tournament ) myself ( well, 7 of them :P ) - but wasn't allowed to use ET Pro because of the client download :(.

Another quick example. ATM there are 45 Wolf:ET servers in AUS ( outside GA servers which aren't visible to me in ASE ).
ETmain: 22
ETPro: 17
Shrub: 6

/me beats the admins with a stick

...yeah, OK - so it's just me. :roll: Although, I have to say that the Shrubmod removal of complaints OWNZ. ETPro needs that before I'll consider it on pubs - we've had huge problems with 'TK Hunters' who abuse the hell out of that system, and since going Shrub, we haven't seen them back again ( they now haunt the Aussie servers.... hmmm... ;) )

[edit2]I just got another one of the Aussie servers kicked up from ETmain to Shrub after the admin got sick of TK Hunters ruining his server :oops:
BlackJudas

Post by BlackJudas »

Umm pardon my ignorace, but what's a TK hunter?

And the beauty of force cvar is absolute. You can certainly disable complaint pop ups.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

BlackJudas wrote:Umm pardon my ignorace, but what's a TK hunter?

And the beauty of force cvar is absolute. You can certainly disable complaint pop ups.
Yeah, but the problem isn't just removing complaints. It's then replacing that system with something else to curb TK's.

From my thread here:
http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=2530

A TK Hunter:
The secondary consideration while upgrading the servers was TK Hunting. If you haven't encountered it, it's basically:
- guy joins server, renames as another player
- guy TK's lots of people, encourages people to complain when TK'd ( complaints help to put people 'on edge' and remove the friendly atmosphere )
- guy calls kick vote on the REAL player by the same name, and changes name again
- legit player kicked, server raged up, and TK Hunter picks next target.
They act as a clan ( in groups of up to 3 or 4 ), and get more kicks the 'bigger' the name they can kick is ( they seem to be particularily fond of using my name, being an admin - I am commonly 'seen' in Australia as well, despite never playing there ).