suggestion - Independent team XP settings?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

hiro

suggestion - Independent team XP settings?

Post by hiro »

Apologies if this has been brought up previously, but would it at all be possible to allow different XP settings for each team? the idea being to allow the attackers to gain certain skills more quickly while perventing the defenders from reaching certain levels. ie:

b_levels_allied_medic "20 30 50 "
b_levels_axis_medic "20 40"

for example something like this for medics would allow the allies to get full revies to help their attacking push, but the axis would be restricted to level 2.

It could also be useful for enginners, ie to allow the allied engys to get the flack vest that would help them get through mines, but not the axis engys as it makes them too resistant to grenades being thrown into defend a plant (ie through the gun window on oasis)

Anyway just a thought as this might help even out the ballance in the favour of the attackers without having to substantially change or restrict any class or weapons.
hiro

Post by hiro »

also this would need to be tied in with some sort of autoexec_mapname.cfg so that different settings can be applied to different maps where the allies are on defence (ie railgun & caen etc)
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

this would be an effective way to help ballance stopwatch without removing xp btw the per map configs allready exist
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i would like an /setxp <playerd id> <xp (0 0 0 0 0 0 0)> for admins to ser the xp of a palyer this will be a good simple way for punishment
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:i would like an /setxp <playerd id> <xp (0 0 0 0 0 0 0)> for admins to ser the xp of a palyer this will be a good simple way for punishment
If you want to punish, ban or kick. No need for this this will certainly be abused by lots of admins.
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

On the one hand I think it's a reasonable suggestion, but on the other hand I think that it would be quite a hassle with all those map specific configurations. Another thing that can go wrong. :) Too bad that attackers and defenders aren't clearly defined.
If it could somehow be figured out from the code, maybe it would be possible to have b_levels_attacker_medic, b_levels_defender_medic, etc instead? Or just the attacker CVARs, the defenders could inherit from the default setting. I remember we had the same discussion when the idea was brought up to not reward _any_ XP to defenders (which I also liked and still like).
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

it would have to be outlined in the tourniment details... then they'd make the per map adjustments or a default adjustment
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

SickBoy wrote:
=FF=im2weak4u wrote:i would like an /setxp <playerd id> <xp (0 0 0 0 0 0 0)> for admins to ser the xp of a palyer this will be a good simple way for punishment
If you want to punish, ban or kick. No need for this this will certainly be abused by lots of admins.
if some admins abuse it they are not ready to be real admin but just kids
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

a per player setting would be way to difficult to keep track of, per team would be easily set
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

yeah probely

still the xp is stored for each player seperated i mean isnt it ?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

currently it only stores players xp during a campaign, to do what your suggesting would require thousands of peoples xp to be stored (presumeably by guid) and that'd require alot.
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

hmm i wanst realy meaning a setting to save xp jsutt a setting to chance a players xp while he is palying so it would only chance his value but it doesnt need any new storage system
O2.iceman

Post by O2.iceman »

It's a good idea hiro, and one that I suggested about 3 months ago.

Bani at the time though, said he didn't like the idea because he was trying to promote some sort of consistent clan play settings throughout the world, and if you introduce an option like this, it makes it all the <b>less</b> likely that you'll get consistency, as every league and competition might configure it slightly differently.
O2.iceman
Oxygen